Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

horikor

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hi All,

I just getting started with HL. I'm trying to recreate a gnome character and have run into a bit of an issue. I have a Gnome Rogue and am trying to add the Rogue's Kit from the Ultimate Equipment guide. According to what I have read on Paizo's website, the kit normally weighs 37 lbs, however when made for a small character they should weigh roughly 3/4 the amount (27.75). However when I add the small kit to my character, it still shows the wieght as 37 lbs. Am I doing something wrong?
horikor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hmm, this is a bit of a tricky situation. Equipment for small characters is usually 25% less weight, but there are exceptions. Some equipment is the same size and weight regardless of who it's made for (50 ft of rope, for example). A fix for this might have to wait until we get the "Adventuring kits add individual items which can be broken up" thing working. Once that happens, each of the individual items will be able to check for itself if it should reduce weight when bought for a small character.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
This is a known issue. The workaround is to follow the instructions in the kit's text for splitting it up. Then, each of the individual components will be able to determine its own weight, and the total will be correct.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 18th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I do what the kit suggests, which is buy the kit, then add its contents for free, the delete the kit. It takes but a few minutes.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
horikor

Old July 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks, I've added the items individually and put them in the backpack. The weight is still showing about 37 lbs...any other thoughts?
horikor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2013, 04:46 PM
You mean your character's total weight carried is now 37 lbs? If so, what's the weight of your armor, your weapons, and your gold?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
horikor

Old July 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
No that is just the weight of the kit items placed in the backpack. It's showing the weight of the bag as 37.805lbs No armor or weapons at this point. Gold comes in at .18 Total and is also in the bag so it should be part of the 37.805. Total Weight shows is showing 38.305 But other than the 0 weight Pick Pocket Outfit I don't have anything else. and I can't figure out where the extra weight comes in as well as why the weight for the other gear didn't adjust.
horikor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old July 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horikor View Post
No that is just the weight of the kit items placed in the backpack. It's showing the weight of the bag as 37.805lbs No armor or weapons at this point. Gold comes in at .18 Total and is also in the bag so it should be part of the 37.805. Total Weight shows is showing 38.305 But other than the 0 weight Pick Pocket Outfit I don't have anything else. and I can't figure out where the extra weight comes in as well as why the weight for the other gear didn't adjust.
did you make sure your buying small gear.... I get 32.125 lbs for all the items in the rogue kit
Agyess is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
horikor

Old July 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Yes I am selecting small. and actually I may have missed something originally because I create a brand new character and the weight is now showing 41.625 in the bag. I've attached a screenshot if that helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (464.9 KB, 12 views)
horikor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
horikor

Old July 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Any other thoughts on this?
horikor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote