Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old March 18th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I'm working on adding in the gnolls from the Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde for my own use. The three caster gnolls all say they cast Druid spells, but they actually have spells from multiple classes' spell lists.

When building the monsters in the editors, I can of course select Druid for the spell list. Then as I build the .por/.stock file, I can only select the Druid spells. This is working as intended, but I also need to be able to select spells from other lists.

How do? The adjustment to add other classes' spells doesn't appear to work for a "race"'s spell list.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old March 18th, 2019, 05:19 PM
It looks like creatures show up under the classes list of a spell. You may need to make a copy of a spell and assign it to the gnoll(s) that you've created. I don't see any evidence of a "spell list" as such in the editor.

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 19th, 2019, 03:03 AM
Here's some helpful information from the community wiki:
https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/wiki/Spells

The quick/dirty way to do this is to add the tag sClass.cHelpWiz to your "druid gnoll" to get all the wizard spells and do the same for any other class spell lists. You should already see that the "druid" gnoll has the sClass.cHelpDrd tag from where you gave it druid levels. This option gives you every spell and makes choosing spells a bit more cumbersome since the selection lists grow large.

Option 2 would be to add a ClsAllowSp.spIDXXXX tag for each spell that is not normally in the spell list assigned to your race. (Where spIDXXXX is the spell ID, like spFly, spCureWoun, etc.). This takes time though.

Both these options assume you're making a gnoll with the editor and not just in the HL client as a custom monster or adding classes to the monster.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 19th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
The quick/dirty way to do this is to add the tag sClass.cHelpWiz to your "druid gnoll" to get all the wizard spells and do the same for any other class spell lists. You should already see that the "druid" gnoll has the sClass.cHelpDrd tag from where you gave it druid levels. This option gives you every spell and makes choosing spells a bit more cumbersome since the selection lists grow large.
I'll give this a shot. I don't mind a massive spell list to pick from, as long as I can grab the ones I need. Thanks!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote