Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MNBlockHead

Old October 9th, 2015, 01:20 PM
The new WoTC Survey is available:

http://sgiz.mobi/s3/D-D-5e-Elements-Survey-8

I've been using the optional comments section of the surveys to beg WoTC to license content for RW and HL. Of course I make sure to provide thoughtful feedback on the main topic of the survey itself, but hopefully, if they keep seeing their customers ask for it they will work something out.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 9th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Thanks for posting these reminders. I would never think to do the survey otherwise.
Gord is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 9th, 2015, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Thanks for posting these reminders. I would never think to do the survey otherwise.
You're welcome. With WoTC closing down their community forums, it is one of the few ways to still give regular (monthly) direct feedback to them that someone is likely to actually ready.

Don't know if it makes a jot of difference, but I'd complete the surveys anyway, so I make sure I keep harping on the need for more licensing of content to developers of game-aid software.

MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 9th, 2015, 07:33 PM
I haven't followed the Ranger so I have nothing to say on this one.

I do think it's interesting that the tiny report on the last survey said nothing about how people responded to the questions on the summer conventions.

I also think closing their forums is a bad idea. Paizo's forums lack a bunch of useful features, but they use them to coordinate rules info, PFS (Organized Play) for both their RPG and Card Game lines, playtests, and a bunch of other things. No clue how WotC is planning to do that on a bunch of social networks. Oh, well.

Last edited by Parody; October 9th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 10th, 2015, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I do think it's interesting that the tiny report on the last survey said nothing about how people responded to the questions on the summer conventions.

I also think closing their forums is a bad idea. Paizo's forums lack a bunch of useful features, but they use them to coordinate rules info, PFS (Organized Play) for both their RPG and Card Game lines, playtests, and a bunch of other things. No clue how WotC is planning to do that on a bunch of social networks. Oh, well.
They probably got overwhelmingly bad responses on leaving GenCon and didn't want to say so.

Closing the public forums is really dumb. Yes, it gets rid of the negativity associated with any big public forum but it also cuts down on the free flow of communication between fans, and devs, that the social networks don't handle so well when it isn't one on one. The reality is that this isn't 1999 any more every one has been on the net for a while and most of their target market has been using the net their whole lives so negativity and trolling shouldn't shock anyone anymore.
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 10th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that they are closing down their forums in favor of social media sites like Tumbler, Facebook, etc. Maybe it is us who are getting old, I see discussion forums like these becoming as passe as e-mail discussion groups.

MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 10th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that they are closing down their forums in favor of social media sites like Tumbler, Facebook, etc.
No need to be unsure: Wizards said it in their announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Maybe it is us who are getting old, I see discussion forums like these becoming as passe as e-mail discussion groups.
Perhaps, but the social networks are a big step backwards in many areas, notably finding old discussions. It could be worse, though; they could have chosen Discourse.

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 11th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Quote:
It could be worse, though; they could have chosen Discourse.
Interesting comment since I literally just heard about Discourse this morning and was going to check it out as a possible forum alternative for my store.
Gord is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Quote:
they could have chosen Discourse.
What's Discourse? I googled it, but it didn't come up with anything useful.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old October 12th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I believe it is just another type of forum/social media but more mobile friendly. You can check it out at https://www.discourse.org/. So far, I have heard one positive and one negative opinion but I knew nothing about it before the other day.
Gord is offline   #10 Reply With Quote