Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old October 13th, 2015, 06:11 PM
I might have missed this in some announcement before, but I wanted to give a shoutout to the devs for my favorite new feature in RW.

Auto Accept Embeded Links.

You can set your realm to AUTOMATICALLY link your content topics if you want.

THIS IS HUGE in my opinion!

You can build up your realm and it will add the links automatically for you, and then, when you're pretty deep into your input, you can go back, topic by topic, edit, add space, save, and BAM! Links!!!!

This is a great update IMHO.

To activate this, btw, go into Manage >> Preferences >> Auto Accept >> and just select Auto Accept.

Now, Yes, I know, don't just do this to do this, but HOLY CRAP this is handy!

Seriously, thanks guys!!!
Pollution is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Manlio

Old October 14th, 2015, 09:05 AM
I love this feature!
Manlio is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
For you brave souls that have enabled this option, did you spend a lot of time configuring names and/or do you strictly adhere to a naming system that avoids duplicate names? Right now, if I were to enable this, it would great a lot of unnecessary links and links to the "wrong" topic given the context. While I would love to not have to manually accept links upon save, I think Id first need to go back and rename a lot of topics and articles and set rules for many others.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
For you brave souls that have enabled this option, did you spend a lot of time configuring names and/or do you strictly adhere to a naming system that avoids duplicate names?
Basically yes (maybe its a programmer thing but I keep "keys" unique). So I "love" this feature and turned it on first thing after the upgrade.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; October 14th, 2015 at 11:08 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
For you brave souls that have enabled this option, did you spend a lot of time configuring names and/or do you strictly adhere to a naming system that avoids duplicate names? Right now, if I were to enable this, it would great a lot of unnecessary links and links to the "wrong" topic given the context. While I would love to not have to manually accept links upon save, I think Id first need to go back and rename a lot of topics and articles and set rules for many others.
If there are collisions (e.g. duplicates), the automatic accept behavior should NOT occur. You will always be asked if RW can't unequivocally determine what to use. That is, unless there's a bug somewhere. So turn on the feature, create a test topic, test it out by entering some names that will potentially cause problems, and then use it once you're confident it's behaving the way you want. The option is distinct for each realm, so use your test realm to experiment with it for maximum safety. You do have one of those, right?
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Thanks Rob, that's good to know. My problem is that I have a bunch of mechanics articles with names like "day", "hour", etc.

It seemed like a good idea to have links to rules, but not that I'm familiar with at least the more commonly used rules, it is annoying to have HP, "strength", etc. linking.

I definitely need to take some time to clean up my article names so that I can make use of autolinking without turning half of my content into links.

MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2015, 01:01 PM
You don't need to change the names. Just configure the names to never auto-link. Problem solved.

Or...

Rename the articles to be capitalized (e.g. "Day" instead of "day"). Then configure the names to only link when the case matches. That should give you linking when you want it by just capitalizing the name in the snippet text. All other instances of the name will be ignored. Of course, there will be the rare false positives, such as the sentence like "Day and night, the battle raged." But those should be rare and can be manually cleared. The net result is a rare annoyance with all the convenience of auto-linking when you want it.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Ah, the case-sensitive option lit a light. Making a rule artilce capitalized so that Day and Hour link by day and hour don't would help ensure that I only link to the rule when I want to reference the rule.

Thanks!

MNBlockHead is offline   #8 Reply With Quote