Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Viking2054

Old October 6th, 2015, 06:02 PM
@MNBlockhead, I go to a gaming store a friend of mine and his wife owns to game four to six times a year. I like to meet a few new people or people I don't see or talk to on a regular basis every once in a while. It's also interesting to see how some GM's are running a game. I've played with the module lovers, the create their own story and world people, as well as the borrowers who write part of their own story but borrow maps and plots from some modules. It can be fun to play in an RPG with mostly different people from my regular gaming group. So I try to attend the game store RPG Meetup's and the small local convention.

@Lexin, Sorry I'm not necessarily an Android lover either. My cell phone is old school and although I can receive texts, I don't send texts because I'm not going to press 333 or 77 or some other number combination to get a single letter. I know your probably shouting at your monitor to get with the times. The thing is I don't need to be connected all the time and I've seen some of my friends most of which are in their 40's or older also get distracted by the things. I consider it a problem when they have to check their games score at the gaming table, respond to some tweet in the middle of a conversation over lunch or dinner... and don't get me started on some stupid Star Wars app they all have to check on and play just to see if they've gained some point or some other player has sent them something. I take my kindle paper white with me when I go out to dinner solo so I can read a good story while shoveling food in my face, but the paper white isn't exactly useful at the gaming table to display color artwork and I don't think RW could interface with it for live displays of information.

To tell the truth if RW had the ability to organize and print the information then I'd just print it out and take the adventure to the con or game store. But it doesn't so I lug my laptop and a few source books as well as pre-generated characters, not to mention dice and the other stuff needed for a pen and paper RPG session.
Viking2054 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote