Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Warunsun

Old November 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Has anyone done or working on building the generation materials for Castles & Crusades, AD&D 1e, or 2e?

Thanks.
Warunsun is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Islanddoc

Old April 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Would love to see AD&D or Castles and Crusades myself
Islanddoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'd love to see any of the old school retro clones.

I'd make one myself but I just cannot wrap my head around the Authoring Kit.
sebacore is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I thought about doing a 2e based system, but it would require a lot of time to build the User Interface for it. Since digital copies of PDFs aren't something I have, it would mean many man hours of typing things in by hand as well like I did with Deathwatch. It's a tall order, but could be done, just not sure I'm willing to invest the time into it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old September 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Is there anything that I could do to help with that RavenX? I wouldn't be able to contribute quickly, as I would only have a couple hours a week I could put towards this, but I'd LOVE to see a 2nd edition Hero Lab rule set. Especially if we could try to build it towards supporting the entirety of the 2nd and 2.5 rules (skills & powers, combat & tactics, etc).
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:58 AM
If I were to tackle this, I'd only be willing to put work into reshaping the skeleton files to cover the basic mechanics, all the spells, skills, powers, magic items, etc would have to be added by other people. The data set would be large, even if the primary focus is just PHB and DMG items, this is easily a project that could take months to finish. I'd add items here and there to test the mechanics and make sure it's working correctly, but this would still be a good amount of work. My interest would be a 2.5 data set. I prefer the way things were streamlined, particularly for psychic powers.

I had toyed with the idea of doing this in the past, but I'm still not sure how to go about implementing the multiclass mechanics. 2e does have a good chunk of validation work to implement on multiclass options. I'm not sure I've got the ability to handle that personally.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Chris,

I'd also have to get the editor setup properly before we could do anything. That's a tab in itself. The problem I'm looking at is the multiclass characters. Those might take a while to implement as I'd have to have different XP trackers for each class added by the user since each class category has it's own XP table. I'd likely have to hard code classes into the data as well, with each of those tables built into the software and appropriate look ups, along with tables for the attributes. (There would be multiple tables here for some attributes because Dark Sun uses it's own look up for Strength and Constitution).

Just the base mechanics will be a lot of work to get implemented. My focus would be on single class characters at first until I could figure out how to implement multiclass functionality. There are a lot of tables to add there.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I've been messing around a little with the source code for the 2e file I started a couple years ago. I am going to say now, this is a long ways off from being anywhere near usable. I am going to see what I can do based on what I've already built. I can't guarantee this project will get done quickly, as I only have so many hours in a day to work on it, and other projects will come before this one.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
If any of you guys have time and want to assist in building the 2e dataset, private message me.

I've got one person helping so far. You don't need to know XML or how to use a data editor. I need people who can use either word pad or Microsoft word to type up spell and Psionic power descriptions. All I need is the name of the power and the description, so can just cut and paste them into place in the data. This would take hours of work off my shoulders and let me focus on game mechanics. If you're interested let me know. I'll be handing out workloads in small but manageable chunks. If enough people help this data can be built reasonably faster than I'd be able to Do on my own.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Well, I would help, but I just never liked the 2nd edition that much. 1st and 3rd yes, just didn't like the whole kit thing, thought it just didn't do the job it was suppose to do, but good luck I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoyed and still do and will help. Good luck my friend.
jbearwillis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote