Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warmachine & Hordes
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks for getting 1.7 out.

I noticed that merc armies don't have their allies.

Some other notes:

Magnus isn't allowed in the Highborn Covenant

Lord Rockbottom (one of the Privateers) is also Rhulic, and therefore is allowed for the Searforge Commission, and the Hordes: Escalation minion/mercenary Gudrun the Wanderer is an Ogryn, so he's also in.

The Talion Charter and Magnus' Agenda characters shouldn't be able to take Orgyn Bokurs or Reinholdt, Gobber Spectulator. The Searforge casters shouldn't be able to take the Gobber.

Once you add the new Privateer warcaster, don't forget that The Commodore Cannon requires Captain Shae, not just Talion Charter.

The Four Star Syndicate should have First Mate Hawk, Bosun Grogspur, Lord Rockbottom, Doc Killingsworth, and he Sea Dogs unit.

The Highborn Covenant should have the same, except that Bosun Grogspur is a trollkin, and therefore not available.

Thanks again for the update.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hello!

Finally got around to fixing these issues. Well, except for Merc allies...I'm not 100% sure how those work. I remember it being something like if the Mercenary can work for the Faction the Ally is from...the Ally can work for the Mercenary?

So, if Mercenary X will work for Cygnar....then the Cygnar Ally will work for Mercenary X?

Hope that's it.
I'll get to working on it....
Thanks again for the notes!

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Here are the ally wordings from NQ 14:

Cephalyx Slaver: "mercenary contracts that specify them as eligible participants"
Precursor Knights: "mercenary contracts that include mercenaries that will work for Cygnar" (highborn covenant)
Kayazy Assassins: "mercenary contracts that include mercenaries that will work for Khador" (four star syndicate)
Idrian Skirmishers: "mercenary contracts that include models that will work for the Protectorate"

Magnus' Agenda says: "Any Idrian Mercenaries" - since the skirmishers are mercenaries when fielded in a mercenary force, I'm presuming they were meant to work with Magnus.

The part I hadn't noticed before is that the Cephalyx will only work for mercs who will take them - it doesn't look as if there are any yet.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Bump, as a reminder, since these are apparently still on your to-do list.

P.S. please take a look at both Warmachine and Hordes in the view updates list after you've downloaded the new version. Both show a new icon, even after downloading them. I suggest that you double check that the same version number has been entered in ABCreator and in the file update page.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote