Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

Vayda22

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hey, I don't know if this is a bug or not, and I couldn't find any other posts after searching "Blood Angels" "Space Marines" or "Assault Squad" or any combo, so here goes:

When creating an army list for the Blood angels and using Assault Squads and Terminator Assault Squads, AB has no option to add extra units to those squads, I have checked pretty much every other infantry type squad, to include: Devastators, regular Terminators, Bike Squads, Attack Bike Squads, Sternguard vet squads, Tactical Squads, Land Speeder Squads, Techmarines (can only add 1 servitor) and Scout Squads. It seems that the only squads that have functioning "Add Unit" buttons (the ones with the little star on them) is the Death Company, Sanguinary Guard, Vanguard Vet Squads and Honor Guard (however, you can add 1 too many honor guard if "Blood Champion" is chosen which isn't that big of a deal, but just in case someone wants to make it perfect).

Also, the scout squad will only ever let you add 1 extra normal scout and 1 extra scout with a combat blade for a total of 3 since it only ever shows the sergeant to start off with. This is done with a check-box type of selection, as with the other adds for other squads such as the Terminator Assault Squad.

Example: Terminator Assault Squad
Starts off with 4 Terminators with Lightning Claws and 1 Sergeant. AB lets you add 1 more Terminator with thunder hammer and storm shield for 45 points (which is correct) by clicking a check box, but no more than that. If you un-select the box with "Lightning Claws (pair)" it just takes away the 4 Terminators with Lightning Claws completely and you cannot add any more with Thunder Hammers.

Basically what I think needs to happen is to make all of these squads functionality like how the current Death Company works. It allows you to add units for "X" points per model and then lets you customize each one accordingly with what wargear they have.

I hope I have been clear enough in explaining this, if not let me know and I'll try again or shoot me a PM. Also, I don't know how the coding or anything for AB works otherwise I would try and mess around with that since it seems the community can submit corrections or w/e if they find any to be made unless I am completely mistaken.

I don't know yet if other chapters have the same problem, I'm going to check and I'll edit this post after I've done so.

EDIT: It seems to be the case for other chapters as well (I onlu checked a few units, Sternguard Vet squads mostly, but its the same) And yes, I highlighted ALL of the available lines when that unit is in the army and not one of them had the star button for adding units.

EDIT #2: I also updated with the secondary update location too and the changes are still present at least for Blood Angels. And I realize that these files are added and updated by volunteers, so thanks for that!

Last edited by Vayda22; May 8th, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
Vayda22 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Once you add the unit, use the '+' and '-' to adjust unit size.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vayda22

Old May 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Did not know about that, thanks!
Vayda22 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Spack
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 9th, 2011, 12:40 AM
40k posts should be in the 40k forum, this forum is for Army Builder software issues, not datafile issues. The 40k forum is here: http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

As to the secondary location, it's only of use if the primary isn't working - initially it was going to be used to push out interim releases but it has since been decided that every release will be pushed to the automatic updates as the version numbering has been changed.

And Ultraprime's answer is the way most units work in the 40k files - the star button in units is for adding additional models that have a different profile that the "base" models in the unit, the + and - have always been used to change the model count on a roster line throughout the various races and units.

Dan
AB40k Site Admin
http://www.ab40k.org - home of the AB40k maintainers
Spack is offline   #4 Reply With Quote