Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Farnaby

Old August 20th, 2019, 10:32 PM
One of my players has an unchained barbarian and chose the feat Raging Vitality. When taging is activated in the inplay tab CON should get a +2 morale bonus. But nothing happens, CON stays the same.
I checked the config and APG and Unchained classes have been checked, also the only add to CON is a Belt which is an enhancement bonus.

Any ideas what I've missed?
Farnaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 20th, 2019, 11:19 PM
You should report it as a bug.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old August 21st, 2019, 08:09 PM
I reported this a long time ago and no fix. I doubt it will ever be fixed since the only thing LW cares about is HLO. You can use the adjustments to adjust the con. Just set it as a +2 and check or uncheck it as needed.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old August 22nd, 2019, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the answers, bug report has been sent, workaround has been added.
Farnaby is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:32 PM
@Farnaby, recommend setting the workaround to set the adjustment to provide a +6 morale bonus to Constitution. This way it overrides the standard +4 morale the normal Barbarian raging provides and still work with any other buffs you may receive. If you're using the Unchained Barbarian, then set the adjustment to +2 morale bonus instead since Unchained Barbarian does not get a Constitution bonus while raging.
Krothos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 22nd, 2019, 08:41 PM
An unchained barbarian does not increase Con so a feat that increases the amount of Con shouldn't work. No mechanics exist on the unchained barbarian to increase Con score so adding Con score improvements to nothing gets you well nothing.

The only way you could even get access to Raging Vitality is if you used the community created Archetype to remove the Paizo rules from the unchained barbarian. Otherwise Raging Vitality is not allowed. This means the second you used the community created archetype you are into your groups houseful territory. As such "each" DM and group will have to decide how this works. In other words the adjustment is the correct way to go.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 26th, 2019 at 12:12 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old August 26th, 2019, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
An unchained barbarian does not increase Con so a feat that increases the amount of Con shouldn't work. No mechanics exist on the unchained barbarian to increase Con score so adding Con score improvements to nothing gets you well nothing.

The only way you could even get access to Raging Vitality is if you used the community created Archetype to remove the Paizo rules from the unchained barbarian. Otherwise Raging Vitality is not allowed. This means the second you used the community created archetype you are into your groups houseful territory. As such "each" DM and group will have to decide how this works. In other words the adjustment is the correct way to go.
Sorry, I don't follow your logic.

First, adding something to nothing gives you something. So 0 + 2 = 2 in my eyes.

Secondly, please tell me which page the rule is that doesn't allow raging vitality? If this was the case, why would Hero Lab allow it?

P.S. raging vitality is a feat, not a rage power.

Last edited by Farnaby; August 26th, 2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added extra information
Farnaby is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 26th, 2019, 09:03 AM
I get what SC is saying though... The feat reads that "the morale bonus to your Constitution increases by 2," not that it grants you a +2 morale bonus. Since the Unchained Barbarian doesn't get a morale bonus to Con, there is nothing to increase.

It's very much one of those wording/interpretation things. Sadly, I doubt you'll get an official ruling from Paizo on it at this point...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 26th, 2019, 10:56 AM
At first glance it looks like a difference (in HL terms) between rage and unchained rage. The rage class ability is where the feat logic is.
Minous is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
P.S. raging vitality is a feat, not a rage power.
Oops my bad. I read the ability quickly on d20pfsrd and thought it was a Rage Power and Unchained is restricted in its list of powers.

The other half of what I said is correct. It’s not math we are doing here its scripting logic. The Unchained Barbarian has NO logic built in for increasing Con score and the feat does not have that logic either. The feat try’s to increase the variable on the Class that effects Con. Because no logic exists on the class nothing happens.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote