Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

asvaldson

Old December 17th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Hello,

I was curious whether or not there was a chance you were going to be added the Psionic's Unleashed. It is a Pathfinder supplement for Psionics that was just released this week.
asvaldson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm afraid we don't currently have any plans to add material from 3rd party publishers to our data sets - we'd need to negotiate a license with each company whose material we wanted to enter, then get that material into HL format, and we just don't have the manpower to do that, considering how many 3rd party publishers and how many 3rd party books there are, and how fast new ones come out.

I'm happy to help you through the process of entering the material yourself, using the editor.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
This would be a good community project actually. I was looking at the book myself as I have always really like the soulknife. Plus I think I have seen some of the d20 psionic mechanics got carried over in the Pathfinder editor when they made the changes.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old December 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I know that Psionics Unleashed is a 3PP but I was wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of update involving this book?
JMD031 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old December 18th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Well, since Matthias says it isn't feasible, I guess I'm going to have to break down and start teaching myself how to use the editor lol. I've never done any script writing, so this is going to be new (and a headache) for, but I love hero labs to much to stop using it because it doesn't include all my favorite stuff. Oh boy.
asvaldson is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old December 18th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Since my post was answered before I even made it, I'll ask a different question.

Is there a timeframe for when the d20 Psionics SRD will be updated? Because that will make the editing a lot easier.
JMD031 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 6th, 2011, 03:49 AM
I've started doing what I can to add the content from Psionics Unleashed to HL. I have all the feats in the best working order as I know how to get them and I've started adding the Psion and Psychic Warrior.

You can find what I've done so far at this tread in Dreamscarred Press's forums.
thaimletches is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Nightwish5121

Old January 6th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm currently working on the Soulknife and Illumine Soul classes, and once I have them finished to my satisfaction, I'll try to post them as user content. The most cumbersome part is figuring out how to streamline the various forms the Mind Blade can take. I also had to create a separate class special ability for each available form and have each one grant the Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus feats, or else the program wouldn't calculate those attack bonuses for all forms. And I had to create the short sword, long sword and bastard sword versions as separate weapons, and make sure I selected "melee weapon" and "thrown weapon" under the "Category" menu for each version.
Nightwish5121 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old January 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Well, my next question for Mattias would be thus then. Is there any plan to add Power Point functionality to Hero Labs? Anything we create will not be fully functional without it
asvaldson is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
thaimletches

Old January 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Nightwish: I haven't looked at the Soulknife or Illumine Soul yet. If I get a chance before you finish, I'd be more than happy to share anything I work out with you.
thaimletches is offline   #10 Reply With Quote