Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 16th, 2010, 03:18 PM
We've just released Hero Lab 3.6b, which is now available for download here or in the updates mechanism within the product.

This release fixes a number of bugs we've encountered, including several crash bugs which people have been reporting, so we recommend all users upgrade as soon as possible.

We've also released an update to our PDF plugin, which should fix issues some users were having with printing multiple images and error messages when windows was set to use a foreign language.

Enjoy! Please let us know if you run into any issues.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old June 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I just found an issue while updating the PDF plugin on Win XP. It downloaded the update, but when I tried to run it I received a popup asking me which user to run the installer as. I selected my normal user account, but it gave me the following error:
Code:
Could not initialize installation.  C:\~GLC1034.TMP The system cannot find the file specified.
I had to navigate to the downloads folder and run the installer directly, and this worked fine.
huntercc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Collen, Rob
I see that you fixed negative numbers in the editor last update but zero values are still sanitized. Did you leave this out on purpose? If you need an example see below. If you want more real world examples I can elaborate.

Note: This is easier to follow using the monster class as animal companion rules don't apply.

For example in this pathfinder data file I have included in this post I have created an animal companion and a monster class called "aaa test" and "aaa ctest". The Animal companion and monster class should have a strength progression of 8,9,10,11,12 but I see no way to do that if you sanitize 0 values(I.E. Row 2 should be "0"). As it is now the progression is 8,9,9,11,12 since I cannot enter a zero. If the reason behind this is possible divide by zero errors or something similar we instead need a mechanism by which we can set an array progression back to the default value which is 10 for pathfinder. Say a constant like "$default" or whatever you like. Any thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: zip aaatest.zip (540 Bytes, 1 views)
Mindcloud is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 17th, 2010, 08:12 AM
huntercc: I just installed the PDF plugin on one of our demo machines, and I got the "Which user do you want to run as?" message, but then it worked fine afterwards. I'm not sure why you got that error, but glad to know you could install it manualy.

Mindcloud: A blank row should be a 0. If you leave the row blank, it should count as 0 which would mean "no increase".
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
huntercc: I just installed the PDF plugin on one of our demo machines, and I got the "Which user do you want to run as?" message, but then it worked fine afterwards. I'm not sure why you got that error, but glad to know you could install it manualy.

Mindcloud: A blank row should be a 0. If you leave the row blank, it should count as 0 which would mean "no increase".
OK maybe I am not understanding something. The way I understand it is that all stats are based off a value of 10 in pathfinder and d20. So each row is a modification of 10 so if row 0 is a -2 my result is 8 then if I leave Row 1 blank it is still 8 then if I put a 1 in row 2 my value is 11 correct? So after I have deviated from 10 how do I get back to 10? if I enter a blank in row 3 my value is still 11 or if I put a -1 the value is 9 as I see it I can never go back to the base value of 10. Is this not correct?
Mindcloud is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Oh! Now I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion - Hero Lab is doing everything correctly, but the Pathfinder data files are interpreting a "0" as "use the last value". I was just thinking of what HL was doing, not what the data files were doing.

Sorry about that - we'll get this fixed in the next update. Thanks for explaining it to me in detail.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure either, but I tried it three times and got the same result each time
huntercc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
OK maybe I am not understanding something. The way I understand it is that all stats are based off a value of 10 in pathfinder and d20. So each row is a modification of 10 so if row 0 is a -2 my result is 8 then if I leave Row 1 blank it is still 8 then if I put a 1 in row 2 my value is 11 correct? So after I have deviated from 10 how do I get back to 10? if I enter a blank in row 3 my value is still 11 or if I put a -1 the value is 9 as I see it I can never go back to the base value of 10. Is this not correct?
I just talked to Mathias about this - we're working on a better way to do this, but for now just set the rows that should be 0 to -0.1. That will get rounded up to 0, which will count as 10.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old June 18th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yay, with the update to Hero Lab and PDF Creator(Canvas?) I can now export to pdf without having to change language for non-Unicode programs to English.

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Leonal; June 20th, 2010 at 03:04 PM.
Leonal is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old June 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
I just talked to Mathias about this - we're working on a better way to do this, but for now just set the rows that should be 0 to -0.1. That will get rounded up to 0, which will count as 10.

Hope this helps!
That works. Thank you!
Mindcloud is offline   #10 Reply With Quote