Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pholtus

Old August 25th, 2018, 08:51 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to write a situational modifier to AC for the Sylph racial ability "Breeze Kissed" so I can see the benefit on the standard character sheet. Is such a thing possible? The standard ability just offers the activated power.
pholtus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2018, 04:28 PM
Use the situational macro:

Code:
#situational[hero.child[ArmorClass],"Situational Text",field[name].text]

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pholtus

Old September 1st, 2018, 06:41 PM
Thank you very much! That did the trick!
pholtus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mglyer

Old October 3rd, 2018, 09:33 AM
I'm trying to modify the situational I found in the helm of comprehend languages and read magic to affect a different skill, specifically knowledge planes.

I took the original:

#situational[hero.childfound[skLinguist],”+5 Competence bonus to understand messages written in incomplete, archaic, or exotic forms",field[thingname].text]

and ONLY modified the skill to skKnowPlan so it looks like this:

#situational[hero.childfound[skKnowPlan],”+5 Competence bonus to understand messages written in incomplete, archaic, or exotic forms",field[thingname].text]

and I got the error attached in the screenshot. I get the same error even when I change the script to look exactly like it did before. I assume there's some syntax I'm screwing up. Can someone help?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 1.30.01 PM.png (377.9 KB, 11 views)
mglyer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 4th, 2018, 03:23 AM
This may or may not help... the pair of " that you have in both those statements are not the same. The editor may not be recognizing the first one.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mglyer

Old October 4th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Hi Dami,

Thanks for the response. I just re-entered the quotes, and get the same error. I'm guessing the change is an artifact of my copy and paste. This is really tricky to me.
mglyer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old October 4th, 2018, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglyer View Post
Hi Dami,

Thanks for the response. I just re-entered the quotes, and get the same error. I'm guessing the change is an artifact of my copy and paste. This is really tricky to me.
I don't know how you entered them the first way, but doing the same thing twice (the same way) isn't going to correct anything.

Copy/paste the line of text into Notepad. That will remove the funky double quotes (in your case, it's the first double quote on each line). Then copy/paste from Notepad back into HeroLab.

It looks like you used a word processor to create that text and the word processor swapped out the normal double quote (ASCII code 0x22) with one of the Unicode variants (like U+201C). This is a "feature" of word processors and it's a problem when a programming language expects a particular character but the word processor has replaced it with one that it thinks is "better".
Azhrei is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mglyer

Old October 4th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Another update. I can change other fields in the macro without generating this error, the text for example.
I also get the same error whether I put a valid or invalid skill in the field as well.
mglyer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 4th, 2018, 08:20 AM
I just want to eliminate another possibility. Could you please copy the entire script, so that we can verify that the quoted line is line 3, where the error message says the error is? I know I've spent 5 or 10 minutes fixing the wrong line a time or two.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mglyer

Old October 4th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Hi Mathias, here you go and thanks:

doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

#situational[hero.childfound[skKnowPlan],”+5 Competence bonus to understand messages written in incomplete, archaic, or exotic forms",field[thingname].text]

The before was:
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

#situational[hero.childfound[skLinguist],"+5 Competence bonus to understand messages written in incomplete, archaic, or exotic forms",field[thingname].text]
mglyer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote