Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheArchanist

Old August 16th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Dear Forum

Is there a way to imbed adjustment into a character from a portfolio so they will not show up in the adjustments tab?

Sincerely
Al
TheArchanist is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 16th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Add the adjustment on the Personal Tab
frumple is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheArchanist

Old August 16th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Sorry, I mean surreptitiously. So the adjustments are embedded but they do not show up in either?
TheArchanist is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2016, 06:23 AM
You mean you want the effects of the adjustments, but you don't want to have to add the adjustments in order to do that - you want something else to apply those effects behind the scenes.

In the editor, in the General grouping, look at the Mechanics tab - all Mechanics are added to all characters, so you can create a mechanic with a script that applies the effects of the adjustments you want, and then give it a source, so that it's only live (and therefore only applies its effects) when a certain source is turned on in the Configure Hero form.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheArchanist

Old August 17th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Hi Mathias

I guess this is what I am asking. Let's say you are my player send me a .por file, I import it and everything looks fine. Is there anyway that file I imported has adjustment that I cannot see that do not show up in the adjustments tab or the personal tab. Let's not go to the theoretical place, obviously any file that I import with active content if created by an individual with the requisite could do that. That said is there a practical or simple way to accomplish what I asked.

Sincerely
Al
TheArchanist is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry, but you lost me there. Could you please rephrase that, TheArchanist?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 17th, 2016, 08:47 AM
No, players cannot "Cheat" and have hidden adjustments. If you guys have shared custom .user files things there may change that.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
TheArchanist

Old August 17th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Hi Mathias

Sorry that was not clear.

Is there a way for a player to create a .por file with adjustments embedded that I would not see in either the adjustment tab or the Personal tab but would only see on the character without me seeing a warning or the appropriate adjustment?

Here is an example: The attributes are set to point buy, plus the regular adjustments for advancing characters, the maximum a given attribute could be lets say is 16, but lets say it is 18. I see the point buy for 13, plus racial adjustment for +2 brings it to 15, +1 for character advancement brings it to 16, all that makes sense, but the attribute says 18. I would expect to see in the adjustments tab or the personal tab and adjustment for the attribute of +2, but I do not.

Is it possible then for the .por files to have an adjustment in it I cannot see?

Is that a clearer question?

Sincerely
Al
TheArchanist is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 17th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchanist View Post
Hi Mathias

Sorry that was not clear.

Is there a way for a player to create a .por file with adjustments embedded that I would not see in either the adjustment tab or the Personal tab but would only see on the character without me seeing a warning or the appropriate adjustment?

Here is an example: The attributes are set to point buy, plus the regular adjustments for advancing characters, the maximum a given attribute could be lets say is 16, but lets say it is 18. I see the point buy for 13, plus racial adjustment for +2 brings it to 15, +1 for character advancement brings it to 16, all that makes sense, but the attribute says 18. I would expect to see in the adjustments tab or the personal tab and adjustment for the attribute of +2, but I do not.

Is it possible then for the .por files to have an adjustment in it I cannot see?

Is that a clearer question?

Sincerely
Al
Its not possible for an "adjustment" however multiple magic items do modify stats. Those would be under either Magic Items, Weapons, or Armor (Depending on the root item) You might also look at the in play tab some classes have temporary stat changes (Barbarian's Rage) that can be toggled there.
Minous is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2016, 09:17 AM
In Hero Lab, you can never hide something from the table where you added it - otherwise, since the delete button only shows on the table where it was originally added, you could never delete it.

So what you're saying is that you're reading one of your players' characters, and you can't understand how they got to the attribute value they did? So you're looking for ways they could have hidden something? Why not just ask this person to explain how they got to that value?
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote