Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

B0sh1

Old May 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I was playing with a DD in HL and I noticed that for purposes of bloodline power advancement, it is not stacking the Dragon Disciple levels, it is only considering the Sorc levels. This holds true for basic sorc and of course the popular cross-blooded archtype. Any way to work around this?

Edit: I guess Cross Blooded is a grey area so I think I understand. I may of accidentally removed draconic when I removed the archtype so that could explain my other issue but I swore as a single bloodline draconic, it was having issues.

Last edited by B0sh1; May 12th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
B0sh1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2013, 10:19 AM
One of the stickied threads in this forum includes a link to our bug tracker. Please report bugs there, rather than individual threads, or they'll get lost.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
B0sh1

Old May 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I wanted to re-create the issue before submitting. No need to have you chase ghosts.
B0sh1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
That's very considerate of you, the more detail you can give in the report the better we can handle the issue.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JohnstonMR

Old January 22nd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0sh1 View Post
I was playing with a DD in HL and I noticed that for purposes of bloodline power advancement, it is not stacking the Dragon Disciple levels, it is only considering the Sorc levels. This holds true for basic sorc and of course the popular cross-blooded archtype. Any way to work around this?

Edit: I guess Cross Blooded is a grey area so I think I understand. I may of accidentally removed draconic when I removed the archtype so that could explain my other issue but I swore as a single bloodline draconic, it was having issues.
It does. I've reported this in the bug tracker. Near as I can tell, what's happening is that it's counting only the Sorcerer levels + DD Levels in which you get a +1 to Sorc. So my Sorc 6/ DD4 is only counting as a 9th level Sorc for bloodline powers.
JohnstonMR is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old January 22nd, 2016, 01:55 PM
The crossblooded issue is slightly different (don't forget you trade in the bloodline power to become a crossblooded):

Seeing you choose at the correct Sorc level what cross-bloodline power you want. As such a CB Sorc 6/ DD 4. Only has 6th level cross-bloodline powers from Sorc and not progressing further after that seeing your class feature doesn't progress futher.

Seeing you now are a cross-bloodline (aka not a dragon but a dragon/something) DD doesn't work in stacking. Seeing it asks you to be a pure blooded dragonic. After all it asks for you to be a bloodline of dragonic not a mixture of some limited level. As such the DD does grant the breath weapon when it becomes level 3 but only counting the DD's levels for being a "full bloodline" meaning that on level 4 DD you would only get a DC 12. (This is at least my view on it. Which brings me to the next point)

You basically should see crossblooded as a weaker form of that blood. The biggest issue here is mixing a prestige class with an archetype after the prestige class was made. So they didn't know/expect this corner case. But for example you choose to take second bloodline's power on first and 3rd. I don't see you counting as a dragon bloodline at all yet. You might have some blood in you of dragons but it hasn't shown yet. (So even if you would allow it table variations might apply in this case as well)

Either way it depends on how Lonewolf wants to implement it. Cause as it stands there is no clear cut designer intention on this issue

Last edited by Togainu; January 22nd, 2016 at 03:09 PM.
Togainu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:47 PM
Let's try to avoid comparisons to real life ethnicities, please. The genetics of different groups of humanity is a subject which is often fraught with danger and controversy.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:57 PM
I understand Aaron I will remove that part of the post
Togainu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote