Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frumple

Old August 15th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I am making race abilities that add SLAs to a race. Is there a tag similar to Helper.HiCastLev but sets an SLA's CL to that of the race (or the race's HD by default)?

I can do this easily enough with a script, but it would be nice if there was a tag that handled this.
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 15th, 2016, 11:06 AM
All the Helper tags related to that.

Code:
<value id="ClsCastLev" name="Class Level"/>  <!-- This must be combined with the Helper.SpellLike ability above. When it is present the CL of the spell like ability is calculated based on total class level rather than the rSpCastLev field on the race. It is used for many of the ARG races that have spell like abilities (such as the Ifrit and the Aasimar). -->
    <value id="BABCastLev" name="Base Attack Bonus"/>  <!-- This must be combined with the Helper.SpellLike ability above. When it is present the CL of the spell like ability is calculated based on total hit dice (both racial and class) rather than the rSpCastLev field on the race. HDCastLev overrides ClsCastLev. It is used for some spell like abilities from feats in the ARG (such as Magical Tail). -->
    <value id="HDCastLev" name="Hit Dice"/>  <!-- This must be combined with the Helper.SpellLike ability above. When it is present the CL of the spell like ability is calculated based on total hit dice (both racial and class) rather than the rSpCastLev field on the race. HDCastLev overrides ClsCastLev. It is used for some spell like abilities from feats in the ARG (such as Magical Tail). -->
    <value id="HiCastLev" name="Highest Caster Level"/>  <!-- This must be combined with the Helper.SpellLike ability above. When it is present the CL of the spell like ability is calculated based on your highest caster level across all classes. If the character has no casting classes, it defaults to CL 1st. HiCastLev is overriden by all other similar tags. It is used for some spell like abilities from traits in the ISWG (such as Winter's Soul). -->
    <value id="TrCastLev" name="Mythic Tier"/>  <!-- This must be combined with the Helper.SpellLike ability above. When it is present the CL of the spell like ability is calculated based on mythic tier. TrCastLev overrides both ClsCastLev and ClsCastLev. It is used for some path abilities from Mythic Adventures (such as Commune with Power). -->
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 15th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Can a tag something like RacCastLev be added? This would use rSpCastLev, or act as HDCastLevl if rSpCastLev <> HD.

This would be useful for racial specials that add SLAs to a hero. In other words, SLAs that are not directly bootstrapped on the race, but added via another thing.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 15th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Not supposed to count any class levels? What kind of thing are you bootstrapping these to? If no tag is applied I would expect them to use rSpCastLev automatically.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 15th, 2016, 07:15 PM
It is a racial ability (specially a mythic racial ability) that gives a race some new SLAs. I add the SLAs to race special, but they are all showing up with CL of 1 instead of CL equal to the base race's rSpCastLev or racial HD.

For example, let's say the thing is "New SLAs" and I bootstrap the at will SLA magic missile with the usual tags to it (Helper.SpellLike, Usage.AtWill). The race I am going to add this to has a SLA caster level of 4. When New SLAs is added to the hero the spell has CL of 1, not 4.
frumple is offline   #5 Reply With Quote