Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TCArknight

Old January 26th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Any chance of getting a plain text version of the Fate Core standard output sheet?

I think that would be essential for us to create our custom output, just so that we're familiar how the Fate information is output in the first place.....
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 02:04 PM
By plain text, you mean something like the statblock output for Pathfinder?
Hollis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old January 27th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Not the statblock format, although that would be nice, but ideally having access to the sheet_standard1.dat and sheet_standard2.dat code outside of the pkg where we can look at it and adapt it for our own games (like how with the d20 game system we have un-packaged versions of all the sheets (standard, statblock, dossier, etc) through the /source folder.)

If that wasn't available, maybe a portal/template layout name listing for the components of the standard Fate Core sheet?
TCArknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2015, 03:31 PM
The in-program character sheets use a completely separate mechanism to generate their displays than character sheets generated through the custom output use.

I recommend looking up custom outputs that have been designed for other game systems - I know there are several for Pathfinder.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old January 27th, 2015, 03:37 PM
The biggest difficulty I'm running into for Fate Core (and probably would be the same for SotC) is getting the Aspects to print out in the High Concept/Trouble first manner, and especially the Skill output by the Groups...

if there was an existing portal or template (or procedures) that we could use for our own sheets, that would help a lot.
TCArknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 29th, 2015, 05:46 AM
I think what you're looking for is the showsortset attribute for the output tables. If you're looking to use the same one we use in the standard sheet, showsortset="explicit" will cover the aspect table, and showsortset="SheetSkill" is the one for the skill table.
Hollis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote