Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old April 5th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Well, I just trawled through the closed Early Access forum and this one, and I didn't spot any threads directly relating to this, so I figured it would be a good idea to actually point this out to everyone (particularly our new, post-launch users) - waaaaaaay back in the post-Kickstarter days, a Google+ Community for Realm Works was created to allow us to chat and give help and advice to each other.

Since Realm Works is now available, it seems like a good idea to let everyone know that it's there, and that we'd love to talk about Realm Works with anyone who wants to join, offering advice, hints, tips, and general conversation, as well as sharing what we've achieved so far.

Hope to see you there!
Chemlak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 5th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Why isn't it all in this forum, so there's a central place where all this great information is located?
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old April 5th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Some people prefer Google+, some people prefer to use a different medium for cooperative projects, etc.
enrious is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I would hope that advice and tips would appear on these forums (as I'm not a user of Google+).
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 7th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I post my pics of how I have entered material on G+ as I find it tedious to do so here. And the volume of posts here is overwhelming at times so I much prefer the laid back atmosphere over there. Your mileage may of course vary and you aren't forced to look at what we post on G+.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old April 8th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I find it tends to be less focused on general questions about how to do x in Realm Works, what button to use for y, why is there z and so on; instead it was sorta started more as a way to talk about how *you* are using Realm Works for *your* game - the customization you're doing, the organization you've gone for and why, and so on.

I find both useful, but for different reasons.
enrious is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lawngnome4hire

Old April 10th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I just really hope that they are putting a major effort into adding documentation. With a program this complex you really need thorough documentation to get the most out of it. For a professionally made program with this price tag, and recurring costs to get full access to features, people are going to expect it to be there.

I was shocked when I found out there wasn't even a wiki.
lawngnome4hire is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:48 AM
There are guides in the program and video demonstrations.

Also webex sessions were held to help those who were struggling early on.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawngnome4hire View Post
I just really hope that they are putting a major effort into adding documentation. With a program this complex you really need thorough documentation to get the most out of it. For a professionally made program with this price tag, and recurring costs to get full access to features, people are going to expect it to be there.

I was shocked when I found out there wasn't even a wiki.
In Realm Works, under the "Help" section, you can find documentation under the "Manual" button. You can also find video tutorials under the "Tutorial" button. I hope that helps!
liz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I would hope that advice and tips would appear on these forums (as I'm not a user of Google+).
To my knowledge, the developers are only answering questions and providing guidance here on the product forums. I'm sure there are some great insights that other users are able to provide over on the Google+ group, but that site is intended for user-to-user interactions. There is nothing official coming from us over on Google+ that you won't find here.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote