Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm bootstrapping a tracker to a magic item, but I only want it to show up on the in play tab under a specific circumstance. So I uncheck the "Show on Tracked Resources?" box and set a script that will assign User.Tracker if a specific condition is met. The catch is no matter what the tracker still shows on the tab.

Any ideas?
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Things created on the tracker tab don't test User.Tracker - they always show. Unlike other abilities that may or may not need a tracker, if you're creating it on the Tracker tab, you know you want it to be a tracker, so there's not really a need to add another tag that confirms that.

Hide.Tracker can be assigned to hide them.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Ah ok, I was confused because it gives you an option to not show up. I will try the Hide.Tracker tag, thank you Mathias
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I'll put this on the to-do list. The description for the "Show as Tracker?" option on the tracker tab doesn't match the way things actually work.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
What about changing the name that is displayed for the tracker?
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Use ShadowChemosh's suggestion of a helper ability with a different name. There are already too many name fields, and I already know we need yet another one for statblocks.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lorddtk

Old October 7th, 2015, 10:15 PM
I have used the last couple of day solve the same problem with an amulet I have created. But I only want it to be show in in-play track when it is equipted, because we play quite long campaigns and over time we get at lot of stuff, and it would be nice to hide some of it without removeing it for our charactors.

I have writed this scipt:

if (field[gIsEquip].value = 0) then
hero.child[User].add[Hide.Tracker]
endif

in the eval script erea, but I wont compile. Can anyone help me out?

I am new to this part of HL and have difficulties to find out the syntax and get an overview. Is it possible to get the scripting areas to show you the options of choice while you type, like in the CC+ programming tools?
lorddtk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old October 8th, 2015, 04:47 AM
what is the error message when compiling?
psych777 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 8th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddtk View Post
I have used the last couple of day solve the same problem with an amulet I have created. But I only want it to be show in in-play track when it is equipped, because we play quite long campaigns and over time we get at lot of stuff, and it would be nice to hide some of it without removing it for our characters.

I have writed this scipt:

hero.child[User].add[Hide.Tracker]
endif

in the eval script erea, but I wont compile. Can anyone help me out?

I am new to this part of HL and have difficulties to find out the syntax and get an overview. Is it possible to get the scripting areas to show you the options of choice while you type, like in the CC+ programming tools?
So the "Thing ID" of your tracker is "User"? That seems really strange id but if that is true then you need "perform" the option of "assigning" or "deleting" tags.

Code:
~ If not equipped then hide our tracker
   perform hero.child[User].assign[Hide.Tracker]
endif
If "User" is not the Unique ID of your tracker Thing then replace "User" with that Unique ID.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
lorddtk

Old October 9th, 2015, 02:07 AM
I have located the difference between getting it showed in the tracked Resources & Abilities. When I tick the "show in Tracked Resources List?" in the HL Editor get and extra Tag in my "tag list" where the values are Group ID: User and Tag Id: Tracker.
But when I use that option the amulet is shown in tracked Resources & Abilities all the time. I would like to be able to manipulate that option when i equip the amulet.

So the Script should help me but I don't know where to assign the "tag"

if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
assign[User.Tracker]
endif

When I compile I get this masage:

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'io_JST_w3' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Unspecified error parsing script

When I got the hero lab and ask for "Show debug Tags for "Amulet of....."

I find this line when it is shown in the "tracked Resources & Abilities"

Group Name Tag name Tag Id
User Modern Action points User.Tracker

and that line is missing when I remove the tick in "show in Tracked Resources List?" that line dissapear. What should I write in line 2?

Last edited by lorddtk; October 9th, 2015 at 02:12 AM. Reason: To quick to press send
lorddtk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote