Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bigkilla

Old June 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Ok, so I just noticed that he Ghast is not in the Pathfinder Bestiary. So I just went through the forum searches on the subject and it explained why it wasn't there and how to add it. So I went into the editor and made a copy of the Ghoul to make the adjustments but it will not let me make any modifications to the Ghoul.

So my question is, do I have to basically start from scratch or how do I modify the the Ghoul when it will not let me?
Bigkilla is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Take a Ghoul and add the advanced template to it. As per the Bestiary.
dartnet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old June 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Take a Ghoul and add the advanced template to it. As per the Bestiary.
And how do you add stench?

I am trying to create it from the editor and would like to not have to start a new creature from scratch.The method of making a copy of the ghoul in the editor gives me a message saying that anything I do will not be saved or modified.
Bigkilla is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Bishop37

Old June 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkilla View Post
And how do you add stench?

I am trying to create it from the editor and would like to not have to start a new creature from scratch.The method of making a copy of the ghoul in the editor gives me a message saying that anything I do will not be saved or modified.
Yeah, you'll effectively start from scratch. You'll be able to reference the copy to get what you need, but you'll be transcribing it to a new (blank) race.

Just in case someone from Lone Wolf sees this thread...is there any rhyme or reason as to which elements in the Pathfinder Data set are copyable or not?
Bishop37 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:03 PM
If you have to buy a package to access the race/whatever, then it is not copyable.
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
If you have to buy a package to access the race/whatever, then it is not copyable.
Ahhhh, ok, that solves that issue.

It should be easy enough to just see what was inputted for the Ghoul and then just make the Ghast. Basically +4 to all stats and give him stench. Not that it really matters but how would you go about making it so the paralyze effects elves?
Bigkilla is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Remember that you don't have to add the +4 to each stat yourself - you can click the bootstrap button on the top right, and enter "tmAdvanced", and yor race will get all the effects of the advanced template, and show it on the classes tab.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bishop37

Old June 18th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkilla View Post
Ahhhh, ok, that solves that issue.

It should be easy enough to just see what was inputted for the Ghoul and then just make the Ghast. Basically +4 to all stats and give him stench. Not that it really matters but how would you go about making it so the paralyze effects elves?
When you link the raParalyze racial ability to the ghast, just change the text that is in the "Name" field...that is the only place where it mentions elven immunity (otherwise, Paralyze is a generic ability that can be used by any creature).
Bishop37 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old June 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
When you link the raParalyze racial ability to the ghast, just change the text that is in the "Name" field...that is the only place where it mentions elven immunity (otherwise, Paralyze is a generic ability that can be used by any creature).
Sweet, thanks.
Bigkilla is offline   #9 Reply With Quote