Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mindcloud

Old September 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
One thing I wold like to see in Pathfinder and D20 is a detailed equipment sheet and treasure cards output. I think It is a much needed feature of HL. having a detailed break out of all of you gear's ability's and property's especially your magic items would be fantastic and as a DM it would be great to be able to print out a treasure card to give to players. you could also provide the attacks and damage calculations for each weapon on the equipment sheet. If you also take this to it's logical extension you should be able to build a item and the export a file that you could e-mail it to your players and they could import into HL to add to their character.

Anyways Great work guys!
Mindcloud is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cthulhu4Pres

Old September 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Much like what the 4e generator form wizards does? That would be a sweet addition to HL though.
Cthulhu4Pres is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2009, 07:54 AM
The ability to transfer gear does exist - once more than one character is added to a portfolio, the dashboard will pop up on the right-hand side. On that, look for the gear icon (looks like a bag) - click on that, and you can move gear from another hero to the active hero (press the crosshairs icon on the dashboard to change who the active hero is).

So, the export file could be handled if the DM creates a character who has all the gear he wants to transfer (and you don't need anything else, although you could always email them the portfolios of anyone they kill and loot) - email that to a player. The player opens their character, then on the portfolio menu, select "import hero from portfolio", and find that transfer character. Then get the gear, delete the dummy portfolio from your character sheet, and you're good to go.

Once we get a chance to implement a plan we've wanted to do for a while - giving users the ability to create their own character sheet formats, the project you're proposing could be done by a user. The 4ed power cards in HL are just another character sheet.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old September 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM
You have good points all around Mathias but I think each those methods have some flaws as I see it.

1. Multiple chars in one portfolio. This method would work quite well if there was only one copy of hero labs managing a party however with my group at least each person has a copy. It would be great if you could link them up and see you players stats and even make rolls from their stats transfer items or even approve and disapprove modifications.

2. Exporting a char file. This one just seems unwieldy and sometimes I don't want my players to see everything the NPC had or its stats, and transferring everything to a mule just seems tedious.

3. I will defiantly look in to that! I am assuming some functionality is missing to do that right now correct?

Over all the network or email client linking seems more like a v4.0 thing however exporting a item file seems a little more realistic and doable(maybe even by us??) not only that you would encourage more of a community sharing spirit in which non programmers could contribute items or even treasure chests(i.e. item packs)

But that's just my opinion.

BTW you are doing great work on the data set and I am really enjoying it and can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Last edited by Mindcloud; September 11th, 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling format
Mindcloud is offline   #4 Reply With Quote