Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

brennan998

Old September 20th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
As filnari alluded to, we'd need a license from Paizo to make their content available to our users in any format. We're in discussions with them, but nothing is formally announced. If you haven't already, check out our Tutorial series on YouTube. We've had a lot of positive feedback from users on the videos when it comes to first approaching Realm Works. Asking questions about approaches and styles is another option I'd advise for any new user.
I've reviewed them and they're pretty good, but there is a difference between seeing a tutorial and digging through the guts of a fully fleshed-out product. I can see the problem with the RotRL example, so do you know of any other example files of that same scope that effectively uses your products features that doesn't have any licencing concerns behind it?
brennan998 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 20th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Realm Works doesn't have sharing yet, so you can't look at other people's stuff anyway.

Once sharing is in, there will be plenty of content for you to look at for examples. Some of it may even be free! :)

There's a list of items that should be made available on RW at some point on the Realm Works Kickstarter page, as all of us who backed it back then (at a high enough $ level) should get those items for free.

Last edited by Parody; September 20th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
Parody is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
On the subject of Pathfinder rulebooks, they definitely will be coming from us for use through Realm Works. A license is already in place for that material.

For adventure content, we're still working through the details. I believe we have a basic agreement in principle and are working through all the niggly bits, but it's likely to take some time and we're still many steps short of having anything inked - so this is anything but a done deal. This is uncharted territory for Paizo (and any other publisher) due to Realm Works being such a major shift in how digital content is delivered, and they are understandably assessing all aspects - and the implications of those aspects - during the process. As such, it's not something for which history can really serve as a good guide.
Well I am very hopeful you two companies can work it out and make it happen, its obvious that LWD and Paizo have a healthy relationship so it makes sense to continue to leverage that.

I also want to say, it must be pretty kewl to be on the leading edge, pioneering new ground for gamers and bringing the pen and paper gamer deeper into the technology frontier. I personally will never give up our weekly game nights together in the same room, its the social event of the week for me. But I have come to embrace technology that has a benefit to the gaming environment, HeroLab and Realm Works are two very important pieces of that tech along with CC3 and soon to be D20 Ultimate.

Last edited by Exmortis; September 22nd, 2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: typos
Exmortis is offline   #23 Reply With Quote