Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

houseofcory

Old July 11th, 2019, 03:41 PM
I can't seem to locate this arcane exploit in Hero Lab. Anyone have trouble with this ability? I have the Advanced Class Guide activated, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the Brown-Fur Transmuter archetype.

The exploit is Shift Caster (Su).
houseofcory is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 11th, 2019, 08:56 PM
There is no exploit of that name in the Advanced Class Guide. There is not even one with similar text.

The name is not found in the Archives of Nethys (now the official Paizo repository). I did find it on d20PFSRD, but the citation may be wrong. Sometimes they have to change the name of the item because they cannot use the original name (names are not Open Content). If this is not the original name, and it is actually from another book, it may be very difficult to find it. It *does not* appear to be from any Paizo product, let alone being from the Advanced Class Guide.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 11th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Found it! It's called Lepidstadt Shifter and it's from the Advanced Class Origins Player Companion, which is part of the Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #17 package.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 13th, 2019, 07:50 AM
If you take the text of an ability that is on d20PFSRD... and search for it in the relevant field... so in the feat list, if it's a feat or in the archetype list if it's an archetype, etc...

Hero Lab has the correct name, the name that is potentially closed content and not available for d20PFSRD to use... but the correct name would be on Archives of Nethys too.

Anyway, if you find something on d20PFSRD that isn't in HL, search the first 5-6 words of the description, within the relevant field and you can find the correct (Paizo) name for it.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 13th, 2019, 08:35 AM
In this case I'm pretty sure that the problem was that d20PFSRD had the source wrong.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote