Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ErinRigh

Old December 4th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Well copy your Master.realm file to the other computer and see if you can sync from there
ErinRigh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 5th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Have you tried giving Realm Works administrative privileges?
Viking2054 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old December 6th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Have you tried giving Realm Works administrative privileges?
Do you mean opening it as an Administrator?
Shadowy_one is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 6th, 2017, 09:50 AM
you can right click the shortcut to launch RW and select 'run as administrator' from the menu just to see if that works. If it does work, then you can later right click on the shortcut again and go down to the 'properties' selection on the popup window and find the check box to 'run as administrator' to make it automatically run as an administrator. You need to click on the compatibility tab of the properties window to set that though.
Viking2054 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 6th, 2017, 09:55 AM
One additional note or concern: Running a program as administrator should be done with caution. Personally, I trust LWD to not put anything dangerous in their programs. But having said that, there are companies out there I would never trust and allow their programs to run on my computer with such elevated privileges. The 'run as administrator' option gives the program being run the ability to do things to your computer it normally wouldn't be able to do, even if you have administrator privileges on your login account.
Viking2054 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old December 6th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Do you happen to have host based firewall or something branded as “internet protection” that might try to filter outbound connections?

Windows a firewall is stateful and allows all outbound connections (by default) and allows inbound that are in response to ones initiated from your computer, but some products try to impress you for money and do outbound filtering as well.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old December 7th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Ok, I tried compressing the DB and then clicked "Sync All". Same error.

Started with Administrator rights - same error.

I don't have a personal firewall and as I mentioned the error only happens with one of my five realms.

BTW: I've been a Microsoft Trainer and Consultant for over 20 years now, so I've checked all the basics of the OS.
Shadowy_one is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 8th, 2017, 12:31 AM
If you haven't done so already, I'd submit a ticket with LWD and also put a backup copy of your master realm file on some cloud storage you may have, giving LWD a link to your master realm. Something may have gone wrong during a software upgrade that caused an issue with that one realm. If that is the case then LWD may need to fix it on their end.
Viking2054 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old December 18th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
If you haven't done so already, I'd submit a ticket with LWD and also put a backup copy of your master realm file on some cloud storage you may have, giving LWD a link to your master realm. Something may have gone wrong during a software upgrade that caused an issue with that one realm. If that is the case then LWD may need to fix it on their end.
Opened a ticket on 9th. Haven't heard from Support since then...
Shadowy_one is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 19th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I'd try resubmitting a ticket. I know they've had problems with their problem reporting system in the past. Make sure you give them as much info as possible and put a copy of your master.realm on one of the cloud services like box.com and provide LWD with a link to it in the ticket.

Also, please remember that they are probably working very hard on their two major projects. The content market and hero lab online. It is also the last week before Christmas now, and people do end up using some of their time doing last minute (or hour) shopping. Of course some of us that like to procrastinate cut it to the second.
Viking2054 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote