Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

gandalf970

Old February 28th, 2020, 05:31 AM
I am on the fence about buying this. It seems there are a lot of errors and fixes needed. Should I wait a while until they fix these?

I am just getting into Pathfinder 2, but I have been playing most RPG's for 40 years. I don't mind sheeting it, but this might help my players. Let me know your thoughts.
gandalf970 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 28th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf970 View Post
I am on the fence about buying this. It seems there are a lot of errors and fixes needed. Should I wait a while until they fix these?

I am just getting into Pathfinder 2, but I have been playing most RPG's for 40 years. I don't mind sheeting it, but this might help my players. Let me know your thoughts.
It is worth buying. I haven't really noticed any problems in my play.
Toblakai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old February 28th, 2020, 02:45 PM
I agree with it being worth buying. It makes it so much easier setting up characters and the only issue I have with one of the 6 characters my players have has an easy workaround.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Alewis

Old February 28th, 2020, 02:58 PM
Certainly worth it. Not as good as classic Hero Lab but it's still the best we got.
Alewis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old February 28th, 2020, 03:03 PM
there's some bugs still, and not all the promised features are implemented yet, but imo the product is worth paying for at this point. and LW has been very responsive with bugfixes, releasing updates several times a week and new features every few weeks.

HLO is definitely very useful as-is, and getting better all the time.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 28th, 2020, 05:51 PM
I would agree with the other posts; while it's got bugs, UI issues, printout issues, and lots of features on the to-do list, I'm still glad to have it to do the characters for my players.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Banpai

Old February 29th, 2020, 04:47 PM
It honestly depends on where and how you want to use it, and how reliable your internet connection is.
Banpai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old March 1st, 2020, 01:43 AM
If you play or GM pathfinder 2 then the simple answer is yes. Is it flawless?, no. But it is improving all the time and well worth a shot.
talsharien is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 1st, 2020, 08:49 PM
That depends on what you want with the purchase.

I have held back as my want for a character generator aid, as HLC was, is still somewhat on the back burner as the online character builder and inplay product is still paramount. I had hoped that a good character sheet printout would have been implemented by now, using the character sheet page or have the option to buy the character sheet portfolio to use instead of the minimalist sheet that is printed onto PDF now that has basic info and nothing from the Organized play at all. (Starfinder still has the Stamina and HP transfersed, I believe)

Still waiting for the offline use and for the web portal app to come up to par to the original program they had for previous licenses. Eventually, I will buy it, but it isn't there yet.
thaX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old March 2nd, 2020, 03:14 PM
For me, I find it a valuable tool both as a GM and as a player.
There are aspects of HLC I like more and there are aspects of HLO I like more. I recognize how hard LWD is working to improve this tool and appreciate all their efforts. In the meantime, I also enjoy the functions currently available and find them very useful.
numbat1 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote