Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

noseman

Old June 17th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noseman View Post
My game is starting this up coming week (woot), and I have this all programmed and it is working but for 1 thing. When I click on the animal form adjustment in the adjustment tabs after adding the custom adjustment, all the special abilities and weapon attacks show up correctly, but when I click to de-activate the adjustment, they all still remain displayed in the Weapons and Special tabs (and on the pdf). Essentially the racial weapons and special abilities are bootstrapped to the custom adjustment. Things like ability score adjustments are in an EVAL script. How do I get the weapons and special abilities to show up only when the "adj" option is selected?

Your help, this one last time, is much appreciated.

Mark
Howdy,

Just checking in to see if anyone has looked into this...

Thanks
noseman is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noseman View Post
How do I get the weapons and special abilities to show up only when the "adj" option is selected?
I figured out what I was missing. Apparently, the "Test Now" button doesn't include bootstrap conditions, so my testing wasn't producing the results I was expecting. In order to test what you're working on, when making your bootstraps conditional, you'll save the file you're working on as usual, then go to the main hero lab window and press ctrl-r (quick reload). Once that's done, the conditions should work.

How to make bootstraps conditional:
In the bootstrap menu, you'll see that the right-hand button is "Condition" - after you've chosen the thing, press that button. Change the timing to First (Users)/100, and enter the following as the text:
fieldval:IsOn <> 0

You've probably noticed that in the eval scripts that are in adjustments, most start with the following, to make sure that they aren't run unless the adjustment is active:

Code:
      ~ If we're not enabled, get out now
      if (field[pIsOn].value = 0) then
        done
        endif
The tag expressions that are used for things like the conditions on bootstraps use a different format, but we're actually testing the same thing. The condition is only fulfilled if the value of field[pIsOn] is not 0. If it is fulfilled, the bootstrap is live. Otherwise, it's not live, so it won't interact with anything else in the character (or be displayed).
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
noseman

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgehl View Post
Change the timing to First (Users)/100, and enter the following as the text:
fieldval:pIsOn <> 0
Thanks mgehl! excepting for having to add a "p" before the IsOn above, this worked as you described. It is important to stress that reloading the main screen is necessary, as the "Test Now" button doesn't work for testing of conditional bootstraps, as mgehl described.

Thanks again for all your help!

Mark
noseman is offline   #13 Reply With Quote