Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

edooner

Old January 21st, 2019, 01:09 PM
Is there any intention to support the iOS file browser and Dropbox in Hero Lab for iPad? I don't remember it ever working. I can browse to my folder of .por files, but they're all greyed out. Surely it would be a small feat to enable Hero Lab to detect them?
edooner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 22nd, 2019, 07:54 AM
The iOS application already supports the iOS file browser and dropbox. I do know that when using Google Drive via the iOS file browser, there is an issue where only files saved to Google Drive from Hero Lab on the iPad actually show up as valid to re-import, but not .por files saved from other platforms. I can definitely see and import files from my DropBox drive right now, but I don't recall where those came from at the moment, so it is possible that DropBox has a similar issue.

Unfortunately we have determined that there is nothing we can do about this. The way this iOS feature works internally we tell iOS that we want to be able to import files of metadata type "com.LWDTechnology.herolab.portfolio" (which is defined elsewhere as files of extension ".por"), we can't just say "give me all files with the extension ".por". This metadata seems to be saved along with the file when saving to Google Drive, allowing it to be imported the next time we are run, but not when I just use a file copier to copy .por files to my Google Drive. Since the iOS native "Files" and "iCloud" drives don't seem to have this issue, this seems to be an issue with some 3rd party drive controllers with custom file types.
DaveM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
edooner

Old January 22nd, 2019, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Dave! That is an unfortunate situation.
edooner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote