Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

RicoTheBold

Old August 5th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
The HP for the goblin I just made is correct. Speed issue confirmed.

Confirmed. You report it?
Yes, before I posted. Also, I'm definitely seeing the goblin having 8 HP at base (both in the text describing the race in HLO and in the actual calculations) instead of the 6 that's in the rulebook.

Here are a few more I reported this morning:

Druid animal companions (which are implemented, unlike familiars) have a validation error that a class needs to be selected.

The skill selection is confusing, since automatic levels stack with the displayed levels, so buying "expert" in something that you start trained (like Alcohol Lore for the Barkeep background) gives you the benefit of master. This leads into a bug: Validation occurs based on the displayed/chosen level, not the effective level. If you buy a skill that includes an automatic level in "Trained" (while only displaying Untrained, as described above) you can buy it up to Master (while only displaying Expert) or Legendary (while only displaying Master) earlier than intended (levels 7 for Master and 15 for Legendary).

On top of that, there's another error. If you buy a signature skill to Master at level 7, it complains "You have exceeded the proficiency level limit for skill upgrades allowed by your character level." The validation error goes away at level 9, so the level required for Master is apparently set to 9 instead of 7.
RicoTheBold is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old August 5th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoigo View Post
All possible natural attacks under Animal Totem - Bestial Rage (claws, antlers, horns, etc.) are appearing on Play tab for Barbarian with Animal Totem even after an animal is selected on the Class tab.
Confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoTheBold View Post
Yes, before I posted. Also, I'm definitely seeing the goblin having 8 HP at base (both in the text describing the race in HLO and in the actual calculations) instead of the 6 that's in the rulebook.

Here are a few more I reported this morning:

Druid animal companions (which are implemented, unlike familiars) have a validation error that a class needs to be selected.

The skill selection is confusing, since automatic levels stack with the displayed levels, so buying "expert" in something that you start trained (like Alcohol Lore for the Barkeep background) gives you the benefit of master. This leads into a bug: Validation occurs based on the displayed/chosen level, not the effective level. If you buy a skill that includes an automatic level in "Trained" (while only displaying Untrained, as described above) you can buy it up to Master (while only displaying Expert) or Legendary (while only displaying Master) earlier than intended (levels 7 for Master and 15 for Legendary).

On top of that, there's another error. If you buy a signature skill to Master at level 7, it complains "You have exceeded the proficiency level limit for skill upgrades allowed by your character level." The validation error goes away at level 9, so the level required for Master is apparently set to 9 instead of 7.
AH, I understand what's going on now. I made the goblin classless (with a CON modifier of +2) so it seemed fine. Didn't realize the class specifically is what added the CON bonus to HP.

I can't figure out where to add the actual animal companion. Everything I click on has no options to choose.

I noticed the free trained skill issue, but wasn't sure it if it was a bug.

Confirmed error for master skills.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RicoTheBold

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:59 AM
The animal companion is configurable (once the feat is added) by clicking on the characters button at the top. Instead of just going back to the character select, a little drop-down choice appears letting you hit All Characters to go back or Animal Companion to configure the animal companion. To return to the main character, you do the same thing.

Edit: And yeah, I wasn't sure the skill display was a bug either (the alternative just being really confusing design) but letting you configure past the intended limits without a warning is clearly a bug.
RicoTheBold is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old August 6th, 2018, 04:53 AM
Quote:
The animal companion is configurable (once the feat is added) by clicking on the characters button at the top. Instead of just going back to the character select, a little drop-down choice appears letting you hit All Characters to go back or Animal Companion to configure the animal companion. To return to the main character, you do the same thing.

Edit: And yeah, I wasn't sure the skill display was a bug either (the alternative just being really confusing design) but letting you configure past the intended limits without a warning is clearly a bug.
Found and confirmed animal companion bug.

I would assume you couldn't make a skill expert at 1 even if it starts at trained, but unsure how that works. I KNOW you can't add 2 ranks to one for Expert.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 6th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Found and confirmed animal companion bug.
Accessing the animal companion through that menu is not a bug, it's working just like how you go to your drone in SF, as intended.
Aaron is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old August 6th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greymire874 View Post
I don't see the cleric dedication feat with the rest of them in the class feat section
As far as I can see, the Cleric Dedication and Wizard Dedication feat chains are missing. I've reported.
Medriev is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old August 6th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Accessing the animal companion through that menu is not a bug, it's working just like how you go to your drone in SF, as intended.
Nono, lol. Referring to the validation error about missing class on the companion. I just quoted the reply that led me to find the companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medriev View Post
As far as I can see, the Cleric Dedication and Wizard Dedication feat chains are missing. I've reported.
Confirmed.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
RicoTheBold

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Quote:
I would assume you couldn't make a skill expert at 1 even if it starts at trained, but unsure how that works. I KNOW you can't add 2 ranks to one for Expert.
You know, I didn't even consider that. The rules say for initial skills:
Quote:
When you choose your character's class, you also select a number of skills equal to this number; your character gains the trained proficiency rank in those skills.
And for Skill Increases:

Quote:
This section specifies the levels at which your character can increase her proficiency rank in a skill. At 3rd level and every 2 levels thereafter, most classes grant a skill increase, though rogues gain them earlier and more often. Your character can use this skill increase to either become trained in one skill in which she’s untrained or become an expert in one skill in which she’s already trained.
If your character is at least 7th level, she can use this skill increase to become a master of a signature skill of which she’s already an expert. If she’s at least 15th level, she can use this increase to become legendary in a signature skill of which she’s already a master.
So it's failing at validation for when you're allowed to get expert when you start trained from something else, since that's supposed to only be at level 2 for rogues and level 3 for everyone else.
RicoTheBold is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Natural ambition (Human ancestry feat) doesn't give me an extra class feat. If I try to take a second class feat, it displays an error.
kwiqsilver is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Quote:
You know, I didn't even consider that. The rules say for initial skills:

And for Skill Increases:

So it's failing at validation for when you're allowed to get expert when you start trained from something else, since that's supposed to only be at level 2 for rogues and level 3 for everyone else.
Nice find! I couldn't find it myself, but I didn't look all that hard lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqsilver View Post
Natural ambition (Human ancestry feat) doesn't give me an extra class feat. If I try to take a second class feat, it displays an error.
It's working for me. What class? Worked for Bard.

Note: Some classes don't get a level 1 class feat.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote