Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old October 27th, 2010, 09:50 PM
If I want to create a Pathfinder variant system, could I copy the pathfinder dataset and use the editor, or would i need to get buy the authoring kit and start from scratch? Thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry I missed this one earlier. The answer really depends on the extent of the "variant". If you're just creating new classes/feats/skills/etc, then you'll probably be fine with adapting a copy of the Pathfinder files. If you're going to be making substantive changes to the underlying game mechanics, then you'll need to start from scratch.

Please post a summary of the types of changes you plan to make and we can give you a better assessment.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 5th, 2010, 06:45 AM
This question has been more for a friend, but the project is to reload the game system DragonStar as a Pathfinder game. So a D20 3.5 conversion. Along with new classes and such, there meeds to be changes to the existing races, like Orcs would get a +2 to Demolition skill.

I tried to pull up the races in HL for Pathfinder but couldnt seem to find them, without the SRD i'm not sure where to look.

For things like this i am thinking that the authjoring kit would be needed rather then just using the editor.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote