Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RayPrancer

Old October 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I have a weapon "RoboRang of Water" (wpRangWet) that grant the user the ability to cast two spells "Icy Missile" (spIcyMissl) and "Deluge" (spDeluge) - I want to know what category from the exsisting one's it's best to file them under. "Icy Missle" is a direct damage spell so thought it might be best as a Ranged Weapon. "Deluge" currently doesn't have any rules but I imagine it as a tidal wave that sweeps enemies off their feet and does them falling damage as if the floor was being used as a weapon (so it's basically a Ranged Weapon but damage is conditional on the nature of the floor). For now I've put both under Ranged Weapon but wanted to confirm their wasn't a better way to do this.

Whilst I'm here - Deluge is only granted if one of five abilities (abDivCast, abDivFav, abInSpell, abMage or abPsion) is present - how do I do this as a conditional Bootstrap? It's not a simple OR command of some sort is it? I see that another system simply totals the picks on the hero and provided any of them match then it'll meet the requirements but don't know the Sample/Skeleton file syntax for checking if a hero has a pick.

Last edited by RayPrancer; October 24th, 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Changing focus of thread
RayPrancer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Read through the Savage Worlds walkthrough in the Authoring Examples section of the wiki - that includes the process that the Savage Worlds files took when adding spells.

All 5 of those abilities always grant deluge if added, right?
If you add more than one of those abilities, do you want to get more than one copy of deluge? Does it matter which source it came from?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RayPrancer

Old October 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM
If any of the abilities are present then you get one copy of icy missle regardless of how many of the abilities you have and if the item is equipped then you also get one copy of Deluge - again regardless of how many of the five you have. It also needs to ignore the prerequisites.

Icy Missle normally requires Int 3 and either abMage or abInSpell (though I haven't set up the ability element of those prerequisites yet).

Deluge normally requires Int 5 and 4 Power Points in the pool because it still costs 4 Power Points to actually cast, the intent is to bypass the restriction on knowing the spell.
RayPrancer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 25th, 2010, 02:02 PM
In that case, make Icy missile unique, and bootstrap it from each of them, without a condition - because it's unique, only one copy will end up on the character, no matter how many of those abilities have been added.

You can bootstrap deluge like this to have it ignore all of its prereqs:

Code:

<bootstrap thing="Deluge">
  <autotag group="thing" tag="skipprereq"/>
  </bootstrap>
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote