Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aril

Old December 2nd, 2023, 08:00 PM
I'm struggling with a problem with the Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

I've just created a new Exotic Weapon. The weapon appears and can be bought in the Weapons menu.

For some reason, it REFUSES to appear in the drop-down menu of the Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

This weapon was built using the longbow as the base I modified to create what I needed. In the Tags menu, I've removed Weapon Proficiency: Longbow.

I'm kind of at a loss for what's going on.
Aril is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 4th, 2023, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aril View Post
I'm struggling with a problem with the Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

I've just created a new Exotic Weapon. The weapon appears and can be bought in the Weapons menu.

For some reason, it REFUSES to appear in the drop-down menu of the Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

This weapon was built using the longbow as the base I modified to create what I needed. In the Tags menu, I've removed Weapon Proficiency: Longbow.

I'm kind of at a loss for what's going on.
I made a New (Copy) of a longbow, changed the Proficiency Required from Martial to Exotic, and it appears in the Exotic Weapon Prof feat selection menu. I made no other changes. Maybe try doing that and seeing what the differences are.

Note: If you only do Test Now, it may not work. A full reload (CTRL-R with Data File Debugging enabled or closing and reloading the program) usually works better.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aril

Old December 4th, 2023, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I made a New (Copy) of a longbow, changed the Proficiency Required from Martial to Exotic, and it appears in the Exotic Weapon Prof feat selection menu. I made no other changes. Maybe try doing that and seeing what the differences are.

Note: If you only do Test Now, it may not work. A full reload (CTRL-R with Data File Debugging enabled or closing and reloading the program) usually works better.
I tried the first (taking Composite Longbow and changing the proficiency required), and it still doesn't appear.

However, I tried doing the same thing with "Longbow", and this time it worked.

So it appears to be a bug of some sort. Don't use the Composite Longbow as the baseline when creating a new weapon.
Aril is offline   #3 Reply With Quote