Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
ynnswa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I was happily buzzing along with the entry of spells in the editor, when I decided to make certain the spell prereqs were working as I intended. So, I created a new character, added 6 levels of the Scholar class and clicked over to the Scholar tab to look at spells. On selecting the tab I received an error about several "unused resources" that I did not recognize.

On review, they all seem seem to be tab formatting things. Now I haven't changed any tab formating at all except where the editor has handled it, like adding a custom ability. What is more, I looked at the tab with a test character just a few minutes before that to confirm that the "Background" custom ability for the Scholar worked right and it didn't throw an error. Trying to be logical, I concluded that the spells I had entered (two of them) or the adding of a new spell class tag (again through the editor) caused the issue. However, removing them and recompiling didn't fix a thing.

If someone could take a look at these and see if they ring a bell, I'd really appreciate it.

Unused resources:

<unused id="DmVertIncr" type="Style"/>
<unused id="TinyIncr" type="Style"/>
<unused id="VertIncr" type="Style"/>
<unused id="actDmgGrey" type="Style"/>
<unused id="actInfoDef" type="Style"/>
<unused id="actSort" type="Style"/>
<unused id="actTacNext" type="Style"/>
<unused id="actUndo" type="Style"/>
<unused id="lblAttrSum" type="Style"/>
<unused id="lblBigIncr" type="Style"/>
<unused id="lblComp" type="Style"/>
<unused id="lblCompOff" type="Style"/>
<unused id="lblVariant" type="Style"/>
<unused id="acts_mask" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="brdThick" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="clrdisable" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="clrwarning" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="darkback" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="del_down" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="del_off" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="del_up" type="Resource"/>
<unused id="testborder" type="Resource"/>
ynnswa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,459

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Did you happen to copy the error message you received? (You should be able to right-click on error messages and copy them).

Can you remember more about what exactly the message said, or what you were doing when you received the error?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ynnswa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33

Old September 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
The exact error is below. I get it the first time (and only the first time) that I switch to the Scholar tab on a character.



One or more macros, references, and/or bitmaps are undefined.

To see a list of the undefined entries, go to the "Develop" menu and select "View Undefined String Usage".
ynnswa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,459

Old September 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Did you type the # character anywhere? What text did you put after it?

Mis-typing a macro (they're case-sensitive) seems more likely than a problem with the visual elements.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ynnswa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33

Old September 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I don't see anything. I added some skill pre-reqs to the spells, but they look fine to me. And they are working fine. Once I go past the error the new entries work as expected.


<exprreq message="4 ranks in Knowledge (Arcana) required"><![CDATA[#skillranks[kKnowArcan] >= 4]]></exprreq>
<exprreq message="6 ranks in Kowledge (Religion) required"><![CDATA[#skillranks[kKnowRel] >= 6]]></exprreq>
ynnswa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ynnswa
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Nevermind. I didn't find the typo that caused it, but the issue has disappeared. I started experimenting with the different settings for "Spellcaster Type" and redoing the grids for "Spells Known Per Level" and "Spells Cast Per Level". Something in the process replaced the right bit of code and fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help, Mathias.
ynnswa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.