Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old September 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks to a bunch of hints and direct help from Mathias I've put together some .user file versions of a new Character sheet that includes the full description text on pretty much everything instead of just the summary text.

Just download the .hl file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt5sh2halfy4sik/Sheets.hl and double-click it to have Hero Lab automatically install it into your savage/data directory. The next time you start up Hero Lab and load up a Savage Worlds character and go to File -> Print Hero... (or press Ctrl-P) you should see 2 new options available in the middle of the list for "Extended Character Sheet" and "Extended Character Sheet & Journal" available for your pleasure.

If anyone finds any issues with these (and if I can figure out how to fix them...) please do let me know and I'll be happy to do my best to correct the problem.

EDIT: Removed text from above about the sheet limited to only 4 pages.. it wasn't I just didn't realize it.

v1.1: Added an extra line between many items for readability and added output for the "Source" information, if listed, for Adjustments.
v1.2: (Bug fix, I think.)
v1.3: fixed to add the changes that were in the last Savage Worlds base character sheet update that I missed.
v1.5 (I forget what I fixed in 1.4): Added support for Savage Worlds dataset v3.1 (Please don't use this until 3.1 is released, though.)
v1.6-1.7 Updates so that Abilities would also span columns (in case someone used them instead of Properties).

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; March 28th, 2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: v1.7 update
zarlor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Why does your character sheet have a limit on the number of pages that can be printed? You should be able to use a single repeating sheet to allow an unlimited number of pages.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 11th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Very nice zarlor, checked it out with one of my ships for High-Space and it has all what is needed. Great Job!!!!
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Why does your character sheet have a limit on the number of pages that can be printed? You should be able to use a single repeating sheet to allow an unlimited number of pages.
I guess I don't really know? For some reason it seemed like the sheet2 file stopped at sheet2 but maybe I don't need the sheet3 and 4 files I created at all? I probably made a bad assumption so I guess I'll go test that out some more. :/ Although, at any rate, it should work as it to AT LEAST 4 sheets.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Code:

<sheet
id="standard2"
name="Standard character sheet, page #2"
spillover="yes">
<layoutref layout="oStandard2" reference="left"/>
<layoutref layout="oStandard2" reference="right"/>
The spillover="yes" setting on that means that Hero Lab will output an unlimited number of copies of standard2, until everything it covers has been added to the output.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Well there you go, then. I added 2 sheets without even needing to. Go figure. Did I mention I can be kind of clueless about some of this stuff?

I tested it just to make sure (because I don't trust myself, of course. ) and I've updated the file above to cut it down to just 2 sheet files rather than 4. And it certainly works just fine going over to the other.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
Very nice zarlor, checked it out with one of my ships for High-Space and it has all what is needed. Great Job!!!!
I'm real glad you tested that, because I didn't really get a chance to do so and I was really hoping you wouldn't have any issues with it, so that's really good to hear.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Updated to v1.1. Added an extra line between many items for better readability and added the "Source" information, if listed, for Adjustments.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
This is great zarlor! Thanks for putting this together.
liz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
This is great zarlor! Thanks for putting this together.
My pleasure, although most of the credit goes to Mathias for letting me know this could even be done, and then giving me the right syntax to do it!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote