Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HerpbertDipson

Old November 15th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Hello,

This is my first post and I've searched around but haven't found an answer to my question.

I wish to play a Cecaelia in an upcoming pathfinder game, but I want to start as a level 1 fighter. The problem is Hero Labs seems to think that Cecaelia has a level adjustment of 6, when in reality they're just a high CR(23) race with no true level adjustment (at least that I can find).

Is there a quick way to remove this strange level adjustment? Or somehow have HeroLabs zero out the experience that being a Cecaelia inherently gives me?
HerpbertDipson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silver12

Old November 16th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Most likely, it is not so much a level adjustment (Pathfinder doesn't use level adjustments) as it is adding the Cecaelia's six racial hit dice.

If you are adding the Cecaelia as a race (as opposed to building it) then that is where it is coming from. Also, as a clarification, a NPC Cecaelia I believe is actually CR5, however they cost 23 Race Points (RP) to build...

One way to do it is to use the custom race options assuming you have the Advanced Race Guide package. Here are the racial traits to add to get it to be a Cecaelia (note the caveat that its not exact):

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-...0-rp/cecaelia/

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Silver12; November 16th, 2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Update info
Silver12 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HerpbertDipson

Old November 16th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Ah, yes. That seems to be the problem. I assumed the Blood of the Sea pack had the player class and that I wouldn’t have to make it.

I’ll build it from scratch and let you know how it goes.

Thank you.
HerpbertDipson is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2018, 08:21 AM
I see two different Cacaelia races to choose from - "Cecaelia (BotS)" and "Cecaelia", and I get a pre-built version of the blood of the sea version when I choose the first of those races, and the bestiary version (with hit dice) when I choose the second.

Note that the first of those will only be available to choose if you have both the ARG and Blood of the Sea - you need access to the race builder rules, and you need the specific racial abilities like ink cloud added in BotS. The second is available from the Bestiary 3 package.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
HerpbertDipson

Old November 16th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Ah! I must be missing the ARG version. I’ll check that.

Thank you!
HerpbertDipson is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
HerpbertDipson

Old November 16th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Hello,

I have now purchased Blood of the Sea and the ARG. Now if I'm understanding you correctly I need to use the Bestiary Monster Creation tool to create a copy of the Cecaelia given the BoTS player stuff?

Also, how do I build the Alternate Racial Traits?

Last edited by HerpbertDipson; November 16th, 2018 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Additional Info
HerpbertDipson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2018, 10:23 AM
"Bestiary Monster Creation" is for creating NPC races, using the instructions at the back of Bestiary 1 (and then updated in the other bestiaries). To create races using the PC race creation rules in ARG, choose "Custom Race - Standard" (or one of the other power levels of Custom Race).

But, in the case of the "Cecaelia (BotS)", what you get by selecting that is a "Custom Race - Monstrous", with all of the various selections listed in BotS pre-filled for you. So same final effect, but less clicks.

P.S. if you're working with a saved character file you had created before purchasing the new packages, re-open the Configure Hero form from the Character menu, and then check the settings on the right - make sure your new books are turned on for this character.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
HerpbertDipson

Old November 16th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Ah ha! That was the problem!

Thank you Mathias, you've been wonderful!

Nevermind I figured it out.

Last edited by HerpbertDipson; November 16th, 2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Figured it out.
HerpbertDipson is offline   #8 Reply With Quote