Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Incendiaeternus

Old November 12th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Odd question, current rules are allowing Blackblade to be made of non-standard metals (adamantine). Is there a way to add that in hero labs?
Incendiaeternus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old November 12th, 2014, 09:17 PM
There is really no need to be able to add it as a property. If your DM allowed it you can just use the custome name field to add the word adamantine to it. That way it represents it.

However that being said there is no real bonus to making it adamantine besides overcoming the DR from some creatures early on.Which is something that you need to keep track of yourself just as well as the other benefits. And seeing the +1 enhancement doesn't stack with the bladebounds +1 weapon to begin with there is no benefit from there either.

Last edited by Togainu; November 12th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old November 13th, 2014, 08:12 AM
For those of us that use virtual tabletops and import characters/creatures from Hero Lab, actually, there is a use case for being able to add adamantine as a property to a blackblade. d20Pro might not be able to catch that and use it right NOW, but when the unlimited engine comes out, you better believe I'm gonna be using the plugin system to add that capability.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
For those of us that use virtual tabletops and import characters/creatures from Hero Lab, actually, there is a use case for being able to add adamantine as a property to a blackblade. d20Pro might not be able to catch that and use it right NOW, but when the unlimited engine comes out, you better believe I'm gonna be using the plugin system to add that capability.
Even then d20pro is never going to have access to the HL data base of Picks and Gizmos. So it will just be reading +1 Adamatine Longsword wording to figure it out.

So using the "Custom" text option that Togainu mentions is your best bet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2014, 11:15 AM
One of the items on my wishlist is to add a set of tags to weapons (and then display them) that can store the "bypasses DR as a..." options for a weapon - that way, if your weapon is +3 longsword, it figures out and displays to the user that you can bypass magic, silver, cold iron, and slashing DRs with that weapon. So once that's done, and then once that's added to the d20pro export, we'll be outputting the list of bypasses as tags, which they can read in for whatever system they're using to track damage applied vs. DR.

(And once that capability is added, there will be an adjustment to add any of those tags to any weapon, as well as updates to the adjustments for things like the Paladin's Aura of Justice)
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Also, if this is a bug, please submit it as one, so that we get it on our to-do list. I see nothing in the bladebound class that mentions special materials one way or the other, so I'd say that black blades are made of standard materials unless your GM house rules that. Has there been a FAQ answer that expands that?
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
One of the items on my wishlist is to add a set of tags to weapons (and then display them) that can store the "bypasses DR as a..." options for a weapon - that way, if your weapon is +3 longsword, it figures out and displays to the user that you can bypass magic, silver, cold iron, and slashing DRs with that weapon. So once that's done, and then once that's added to the d20pro export, we'll be outputting the list of bypasses as tags, which they can read in for whatever system they're using to track damage applied vs. DR.

(And once that capability is added, there will be an adjustment to add any of those tags to any weapon, as well as updates to the adjustments for things like the Paladin's Aura of Justice)
That would be a really nice way of handling this! Me like!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Incendiaeternus

Old November 14th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Also, if this is a bug, please submit it as one, so that we get it on our to-do list. I see nothing in the bladebound class that mentions special materials one way or the other, so I'd say that black blades are made of standard materials unless your GM house rules that. Has there been a FAQ answer that expands that?
Not a house rule, pfs you still have to buy the blade with gold, and so it not uncommon for us to buy adamantine.

Not necessarily a bug, as I did not know if it was already possible and I just didn't see it.
Incendiaeternus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote