Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

JustinThomason

Old September 20th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is something that I was wondering how to present in the interface in a nice way (rather than cluttering up the main topic line with too many buttons.

I will be having a look at it after my holiday, in about a week's time :-)
Sounds great, Farling. Personally I do not find the check boxes and small button that are on the alternate name lines too be too cluttered, and would be perfectly happy to have them carried over to the primary line, but that's just me.

Regardless, have a lovely holiday!
JustinThomason is offline   #381 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:57 AM
Hey there all,

I've discovered this tool, which could help me dramatically in importing all the planets I want to bring in Realmworks.

I have a nice long list of planetary names, which all are, inside Realmworks a "Planetary Body".

I've checked in the categories inside RW, and there is "Planetary Body". It's not a tag, and uses a standard Realm, no system associated with it. I've exported the full structure only but once in the CSV Import Tool, I can't find planetary body. After having checked it seems that a planetary body is an under sub section of "Location", which can be accessed.

But I can't reach Planetary Body.

Is there something that I missed ?
Thanks
Vampyre is offline   #382 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 23rd, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Hey there all,

I've discovered this tool, which could help me dramatically in importing all the planets I want to bring in Realmworks.

I have a nice long list of planetary names, which all are, inside Realmworks a "Planetary Body".

I've checked in the categories inside RW, and there is "Planetary Body". It's not a tag, and uses a standard Realm, no system associated with it. I've exported the full structure only but once in the CSV Import Tool, I can't find planetary body. After having checked it seems that a planetary body is an under sub section of "Location", which can be accessed.

But I can't reach Planetary Body.

Is there something that I missed ?
Thanks
The CSV2RW tool lists all the categories in a simple alphabetical order, it doesn't display the category hierarchy that is shown in Realm Works.

(I don't have the tool on this laptop to see what is actually displayed in the list of categories.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #383 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old September 24th, 2018, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The CSV2RW tool lists all the categories in a simple alphabetical order, it doesn't display the category hierarchy that is shown in Realm Works.

(I don't have the tool on this laptop to see what is actually displayed in the list of categories.)
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, when the structure is loaded, I only find the main categories. Campaign Element, Cast List, Concept, Entity, Event List, Further information, GM Synopsys, General Abilities Article, General Article, General Character Article, General Dangers Article, General Equipment Article, General Game Mastering Article, General Gameplay Article, General Topic, Group List, Group : Commerce, Group : Criminal, Group : Ethnic, Group : Family, Group : Government, Group : Military, Group : Others, Group : Religious, Hazard, Incident, Individual, Inhabitant, Location, Malady / Affliction, Mechanics Galery, Mechanics Source, Monster / Enemy, Mundane Items, Mundane Protective Gear, Mundane Weapon, Named Object, Object Collection, Other List, Place List, Player Synopsys, Plot Hook, Plot Idea, Poison, Protective Property, Quest, Race / Species, Region : Celestial, Region : Dimensonial, Region : Geographical, Region : Political ...

When I look this list over in RealmWorks, I see this list :
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AohBg6HvI7Xxg4x25Jp30PkpA9lSMw

When you look at it closer, it looks like anything that is a level 2 (anything under Location, or Named Object), do not appear on the CSV Import Tool. It's not a lot of things that get into those, but Planetary Body is actually nested under Location, and only location appear. Unless... I'm missing an option out of RW, OR, that there is a bug within RW that do not export the level 2 structure ?

I don't know.
Vampyre is offline   #384 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 24th, 2018, 05:25 AM
Vampyre, if you are able can you open up your structure file in a text editor (ideally notepad++ or similar, or Woodford) and search for the text planetary body. Hopefully you will find it, and it might have a slightly different name.

If not, then if you can send me the structure file I will have a look next weekend.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #385 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old September 24th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Thanks again for the fast answer.

It actually is inside the file.

<category_global category_id="Category_61" name="Planetary Body" global_uuid="2DB0297B-91C6-5D3A-00D0-6A935D3C6BA9">
Vampyre is offline   #386 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 28th, 2018, 08:16 AM
V1.44 has been released

(As promised in post http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=380)

This fixes Vampyre's problem where sub-categories were not appearing in the category list.

It also implements JustinThomason's request for being able to set attributes on the topic/article's public name. (auto-accept, case-matching, match-priority and show-in-nav-pane)

The "Auto Correct" option in the case-matching menu has been renamed to "Correct" so that the field isn't so wide on the screen.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; September 28th, 2018 at 08:19 AM.
Farling is offline   #387 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old September 28th, 2018, 09:38 AM
Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks again for your contribution to the community, Farling.
JustinThomason is offline   #388 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old September 28th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Could you tell me what import tool is meant for? Is it to import listdata to realmworks?
Znicker is offline   #389 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 28th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Yes it allows import of lots and lots of data from spreadsheets straight into RW. Watch this.

https://youtu.be/A1i3FqHfi9E

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; September 28th, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
daplunk is offline   #390 Reply With Quote