Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

mbran01

Old May 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Personally I just convert them over. It is not that hard. And the FRCS had a lot of new domains in it that were specific to Faerun. I would personally add them. It is not hard to just add all the domains.

My data has some conversion work for 4th edition to pathfinder. I converted spell scars fully over to pathfinder. I will be making adjustments to the races as well. I plan on making the magical tattoos of the Wild Elves into a racial ability that can be changed out with alternate racial traits if the player so wishes.
I just don't know if I want to deal with the conversion or not. I found a few of them already converted on various forums, some of them seemed pretty balanced others didn't. Still, I am on the fence. I might do the conversion just because some of them are pretty significant to FRCS, but I am not sure if I want to put the work in on the conversion or not.
mbran01 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM
It is a tight line to walk, I am going to eventually add all the new domains and spells from Forgotten Realms into the data I am working on. Mostly because the Pantheon would be weakened without those elements. Forgotten Realms is a huge setting with a great deal of gods and goddesses. I would not feel satisfied with a simple conversion or skipping of material (Hence my personal distaste for 4th edition's version of the setting).

Some things I am going to change or skip when converting though. Like the Daylight Adaptation Feat, this is handled better as an Alternate Racial Trait instead. Weaken Darkvision from 120 to 60 feat and remove the daylight sensitivity. You are making an equivalent exchange with such a thing so there is no need for a feat that basically does this if the ART will do it just as well and still leave your player a feat for it.

A little background: I have been Dungeon Mastering for over 20 years. I have a good feel for balance in these games and did my own conversion work for Dark Sun into Pathfinder (which is a work in progress as well). The conversion stuff is not too hard but does require some familiarity with how things work. If you feel something would work better as an ART than a feat, it probably should be an ART. This will save some work on the feats list as Faerun is notorious for its long list of new feats added per book. This will be a massive undertaking to finish, but I have started the campaign setting book and will be working with it carefully.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Just letting you know I gave my data to ShadowChemosh, he will get it uploaded for use as soon as he gets some time to take care of it. My progress hasn't been too much of late but this is something I have been working on in small parts here and there over the months. My players love the setting and are all looking forward to downloading the data now that I have at least a working set for them. I will warn you it is only the Campaign Setting book for now. I have plans for Races of Faerun to be added at a later date once the rest of the work I had to do is finished from the Campaign Sourcebook.
RavenX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Also I want to add that not all of the feats are working properly, I will get them fixed when I have some free time.
RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mbran01

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
We should coordinate, I have most of the feats from the campaign setting and the pg working.
mbran01 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Have you converted things over from the books to Pathfinder?

I am kind of waiting on the Advanced Race Guide to release before I start converting the races from Races of Faerun for the simple fact that many races that had +1 or +2 level adjustments in 3.0 and 3.5 no longer have those adjustments due to way pathfinder has implemented things.
RavenX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
mbran01

Old May 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I converted them to pathfinder. I created the races as ethnicities, but did in such a way that you have to choose an ethnicity. I did that mostly because I didn't want my race list to get to cluttered.
mbran01 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I did them as races, so that I can add alternate racial traits to them. I plan on changing some of the "racial" feats in ARTs instead. Like the Wild Elf Tattoo Magic. This was originally a racial feat that all wild elves got in place of their first level feat, I plan to make it into a racial trait instead. Each race will gain racial traits when I am done inputting the data.
RavenX is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 18th, 2012, 06:58 AM
This is how I sett mine up. Just started and got the race and region framework setup. It works nicely. Now to input the rest of the regions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forgotten realms.jpg (141.7 KB, 33 views)
jbearwillis is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
mbran01

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I was thinking of creating a region mechanic, but I just used factions instead. I like what you have done.
mbran01 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote