Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperian View Post
1. In the Gear section of the PDF, spells in a scroll are cut off instead of wrapping to multiple lines. I created a scroll with 5 spells on it, and the last few spells on the scroll are cut off and dont' show up on the PDF at all.
I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.

Quote:
2. The Special Abilities section appears in two places on the character sheet (one on the first page and one on the second page, after the Gear and equipped weapons and armor sections), and each section displays different special abilities. Please consolidate all special abilities into one section

3. Weapons appear in several different places (some on the first page, and some on the second page after the Gear section -- this is very annoying since you must look all over the character sheet to find your weapons). Please consolidate all weapons into one section.
When the lists can't finish putting everything on the first page, they spill over to the second page.

Quote:
4. Weapons show up in undesirable order, and unequipped weapons are often shown before equipped weapons. For example, on my dwarven ranger, unarmed strike shows up on the character sheet before his waraxe. It would be great if equipped weapons always showed first in the list. It would also be nice if unarmed strike was not shown at all unless the character is a monk or has the improved unarmed strike feat. If that's too complex to code, then perhaps have a checkbox next to unarmed strike that gives you the option to hide it when exporting the character to PDF.
Weapon ordering is on my to-do list.

On the configure hero form that you see when you create a new character (or go to the character menu and select "Configure Hero Form", click on the list of options that's on the right hand side. Near the bottom of this list will be "Hide Unarmed (in weapons)"
Mathias is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
While I am in 100% agreement here as Plate Barding is pretty common for a heavy warhorse and be strange to have to waste 2 additional feats to get it. On the other strange hand the write up for the Cavalier Mount says the following: The mount is always considered combat trained and begins play with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat.

So by exact wording it is only Light by reading it RAW. Though JJ seems to sort of imply HERE that the wording was too change when the final version was to come out.

So while I will house rule all three armors for War-Trained it's not exactly what the rules say. Best I can show for additional info.
I think I'll hold off on this for a little while, and see if we can find something more directly on point. Thanks for the quick answer.
Mathias is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
overdark

Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Starting with a blank character, I added a level of summoner, added the Eidolon, and then selected Quadruped. The bite's damage is 1d6+3, with a STR bonus of +2, so it's including the x1.5. What are you seeing?
I think this is all my fault, I was trying to select the Improved Natural Attack (bite) evolution and the Bite evolution was throwing me off. But I did notice that HL says you need to be a 5th level summoner to select the Improved Natural Armor Evolution and thats not correct.
overdark is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdark View Post
I think this is all my fault, I was trying to select the Improved Natural Attack (bite) evolution and the Bite evolution was throwing me off. But I did notice that HL says you need to be a 5th level summoner to select the Improved Natural Armor Evolution and thats not correct.
From the natural armor evolution: "This evolution can be taken once for every 5 levels the summoner possesses."
Mathias is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure if I'll get to it before the next update, but I've put it on my to-do list.
Thanks, Matthias! I know I really bugged you about this one . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 29th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
While I am in 100% agreement here as Plate Barding is pretty common for a heavy warhorse and be strange to have to waste 2 additional feats to get it. On the other strange hand the write up for the Cavalier Mount says the following: The mount is always considered combat trained and begins play with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat.

So by exact wording it is only Light by reading it RAW. Though JJ seems to sort of imply HERE that the wording was too change when the final version was to come out.

So while I will house rule all three armors for War-Trained it's not exactly what the rules say. Best I can show for additional info.
I think I'll hold off on this for a little while, and see if we can find something more directly on point. Thanks for the quick answer.
I found something more on point from JJ yesterday and figured I will point you to the post. The full post is located HERE.

He is kind of rambling but the important part is "For now, though, it's safe to assume that a mount that's trained for war gets Light Armor proficiency for free, but needs to spend feats to get better armor. This does mean that most normal horses will never be able to get heavy armor training, and I'm kind of okay with that."

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
donmarco

Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Not sure if this is a bug but when changing the size category of a 2-handed weapon to small for a medium sized creature it becomes light and 1-handed and reduces the atk bonus by -2 which is correct.

However if you dual wield say a small greataxe you get the 1.5x str bonus (not sure if thats normal or not, i get the impression from other places that the 1.5x str mod is to a weapon considered 2-handed not if you wield it that way) and you don't receive a further -2 to your atk bonus if you have two weapon fighting.

Is that correct? currently I get a 1.5x str mod to dmg and only -2 atk bonus to both weaps, which in this case leaves me with +7 to atk bonus from a +9 normal on both, i wouldve assumed that i would get the extra -2 to atk bonus from dual wield to give a -4 total.
donmarco is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Zandari

Old October 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmarco View Post
Not sure if this is a bug but when changing the size category of a 2-handed weapon to small for a medium sized creature it becomes light and 1-handed and reduces the atk bonus by -2 which is correct.
I don't think it becomes light, but it does become 1-hd. I am not 100% sure what you are going for here, but this is what I get from your question: you are taking a 2-hd weapon, and making it small (for instance, a greataxe sized for a halfling). Then, I assume you are going to give this weapon to a medium creature (for instance, obtain the halfling's greataxe and give it to a human for use). Then, you want said human to have two of them and dual-wield.

Quote:
However if you dual wield say a small greataxe you get the 1.5x str bonus (not sure if thats normal or not, i get the impression from other places that the 1.5x str mod is to a weapon considered 2-handed not if you wield it that way) and you don't receive a further -2 to your atk bonus if you have two weapon fighting.
Not quite correct. You get 1.5x STRmod to damage when you wield a 1-hd or 2-hd weapon with two hands (not light weapons). If you wield two of these (such as your two halfling greataxes), you will apply 1x STRmod to damage for the main hand and 0.5x STRmod to damage for the off-hand. The feat Double Slice will let you apply 1x STRmod to damage for the off-hand.

If you are wielding one weapon in each hand, you cannot get 1.5x STRmod, because you aren't using anything 2-handed, you are using a 1-hd weapon in each hand. Assuming you have the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, this will affect your attack modifier as follows: you are at -2 to both attacks for using a weapon sized for something other than yourself, and -4 to each hand for two-weapon-fighting with a 1-hd weapon in each hand. This is a total of -6 penalty to each attack (-2 for wrong-sized weapons, -4 for TWF with 1-hd/1-hd weapons)

Quote:
Is that correct? currently I get a 1.5x str mod to dmg and only -2 atk bonus to both weaps, which in this case leaves me with +7 to atk bonus from a +9 normal on both, i wouldve assumed that i would get the extra -2 to atk bonus from dual wield to give a -4 total.
Zandari is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
donmarco

Old October 4th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Thats right, thats what i was assuming when i saw it. Hero Lab seems to be only giving me a total of -2 to atk with TWF for both hands and its applying the 1.5x str mod to both weapons.
donmarco is offline   #139 Reply With Quote