Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,375

Old October 11th, 2018, 04:56 PM
What's the rule you're trying to implement? I recommend just copying the whole set of text into this forum.


Also, think about similar things - what else in the Pathfinder game works like your ability does? You can copy those things to study them.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Quebec, QC, Canada
Posts: 340

Old October 11th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
I keep looking at the tutorials but there seems to be everything except for what I need.
Yep, it's quite the beast at first...

For your Crippling Sorrow ability, you basically don't need to script anything except maybe the # of uses per day.

Creatures affected by Crippling Sorrow could activate a Conferred adjustment (see Adjustments tab) that you would need to script for it to be available: take a look at some of the other Adjustments that have comparable effects for examples. Note that the Adjustment is a different thing, and its script does not go with the Crippling Sorrow thing.
Lord Magus is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
marikunin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 21

Old October 12th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Oh, okay. Here are the abilities.

Crippling Sorrow (Su): You know how a lack of joy can crush a creature’s spirit and affect every action the creature takes. As a standard action, you can discourage your enemies. All enemies within 100 feet who can hear and understand you gain a –1 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. At 10th level, this penalty increases to –2. You can use this ability once per day, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. This is a language-dependent effect.

Instant Friends (Su): As a standard action, you can influence a creature to be friendly. A single creature within 30 feet that can understand you must succeed on a Will save, or it is regarded as a friend and ally, as per the spell charm person. This lasts for a number of minutes equal to the oracle’s level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-minute increments. This is a language-dependent effect.

Euphoric Healing (Su): Once per day, when you cast a cure spell (a spell with “cure” in its name), your healing directs a wave of the euphoria to the target, healing the creature for an additional 1d8 points of damage. At 5th level and every five levels thereafter, you can use this ability one additional time per day. This does not deal additional damage to creatures that sustain damage from cure spells.

Gotten from here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/bas...terprizes/joy/
marikunin is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,668

Old October 12th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Here is how I would program these in the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Crippling Sorrow (Su): You know how a lack of joy can crush a creature’s spirit and affect every action the creature takes. As a standard action, you can discourage your enemies. All enemies within 100 feet who can hear and understand you gain a –1 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. At 10th level, this penalty increases to –2. You can use this ability once per day, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. This is a language-dependent effect.
Setting up the name to be Auto-generated
In the section "Action, Duration, Range, and Save Info", enter 100 on the range line, and select Feet for the Range Measure line. In the "Automatic livename Generation" section, find the "Section 3 - InParenthesis" and click the button, then check the box for "Include Range text".

Setting up the Charges to be Calculated automatically
Go to the Charge Information section, check the box for "Show in Tracker Resources List?". Since we start with 1 charge, enter 1 on the "Base Charges" line. In the Automatic Calculations button, click the "Levels / 5" box. For Usage Period pick "/day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Instant Friends (Su): As a standard action, you can influence a creature to be friendly. A single creature within 30 feet that can understand you must succeed on a Will save, or it is regarded as a friend and ally, as per the spell charm person. This lasts for a number of minutes equal to the oracle’s level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-minute increments. This is a language-dependent effect.
Setting up the name to be Auto-generated
See above for range.

Setting up the Charges to be Calculated automatically
The duration it is talking about is actually charges. You should be able to pick a different Automatic Calculations box and Usage Period.

Setting up the DC to be Calculated automatically
In the section "Action, Duration, Range, and Save Info", on the Standard DC line, choose whichever attribute Revelations use (Charisma, I think?).

Providing Convenient Context
Since it mentions it works as a spell, go to the section for "Description Appends" and in the "Append Spell Information", check the box for Charm Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Euphoric Healing (Su): Once per day, when you cast a cure spell (a spell with “cure” in its name), your healing directs a wave of the euphoria to the target, healing the creature for an additional 1d8 points of damage. At 5th level and every five levels thereafter, you can use this ability one additional time per day. This does not deal additional damage to creatures that sustain damage from cure spells.
Setting up the Charges to be Calculated automatically
Pretty much as mentioned above.
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
marikunin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 21

Old October 12th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Thank you sooooo much. Um, last thing. For Euphoric Healing I looked up cure spells for the append spell information and....which cure spells do I tick off? There's a lot of them...
marikunin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 408

Old October 12th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marikunin View Post
Thank you sooooo much. Um, last thing. For Euphoric Healing I looked up cure spells for the append spell information and....which cure spells do I tick off? There's a lot of them...
I wouldn't append any spell info. The caster already has it with their memorized/prepared spells. You only need the text for the power.

Current RPG's: D&D 3.5 (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,668

Old October 12th, 2018, 04:46 PM
I agree with Dami, if you tried to append the spell info of all the cure spells it would be too long to be useful, so you can just leave them off.
Aaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
marikunin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 21

Old October 12th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Alright. Also on the character sheet when I click "cast cure spells" it says cure (constructs only) is that normal or should it not say constructs only? Otherwise thanks for all of your help.
marikunin is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,668

Old October 12th, 2018, 05:24 PM
That sounds like something unrelated to the mystery, maybe a curse or archetype? I'd have to see the portfolio.
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
marikunin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 21

Old October 14th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Oh here's the portfolio if you wanna take a look.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u0...8jJ2BdtEFYptU3
marikunin is offline   #20 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.