Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 10th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Psionic powers do not print out on it, either. However it is only the last update that let Psionic powers be able to be printed at all even in the default HL printout.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #221 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 10th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'll admit I am not that familiar with the custom sheet output, but I'd have thought the powers would be output as spells? Or is that another of those things like the container info which is missing?
Aaron is offline   #222 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 10th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I thought that, too. Spells show up fine, powers do not. Seeing as something had to be changed in the recent update for Psionics to appear in the first place, they probably have a different name.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #223 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 11th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dballing View Post
OK, next question: Where are the "outfits" (the free outfits you get as a starting PC) on the output sheet?
They show up like any other gear, but you have to "buy" them in Hero Lab to make them show up. You buy them at no cost by clicking the "buy for free" check box when you buy the item.

This same thing applies to any other free stuff that a character starts off with (holy symbols, spell books, etc.)
AncientOne is offline   #224 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 11th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I thought that, too. Spells show up fine, powers do not. Seeing as something had to be changed in the recent update for Psionics to appear in the first place, they probably have a different name.
I don't have the expansion that adds psionic powers, so I cant test this without help... can you send me an XML file for a character that has psionic powers? Generating an XML file is one the "custom output" options that Hero Lab gives you.

By looking at that file, I could tell how (or if) Hero Lab is making psionic powers available to custom sheets.
AncientOne is offline   #225 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 11th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
I don't have the expansion that adds psionic powers, so I cant test this without help... can you send me an XML file for a character that has psionic powers? Generating an XML file is one the "custom output" options that Hero Lab gives you.

By looking at that file, I could tell how (or if) Hero Lab is making psionic powers available to custom sheets.
Psionics is officially supported but the data is from a Community Package. So you can install it for free HERE. If you don't want or have the community servers setup you can do a direct download of the latest package HERE.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #226 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Bad news about support for Psionics...

I finally downloaded the community package and tested it. The problem is that psionic powers only show up in the "tracked resources" section of the XML that Hero Lab generates.

That means there's no possible fix from my side -- the power data simply isn't in the data for the sheet to display.
AncientOne is offline   #227 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 23rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Version 4.10 has been released. It has a couple of new features that were recently requested... see the opening post of this thread for more info.

(Just when you thought I was never going to release another update. )
AncientOne is offline   #228 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 24th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Bad news about support for Psionics...

I finally downloaded the community package and tested it. The problem is that psionic powers only show up in the "tracked resources" section of the XML that Hero Lab generates.

That means there's no possible fix from my side -- the power data simply isn't in the data for the sheet to display.
I'll look into this next week and see if I can get it fixed for the next release.
Aaron is offline   #229 Reply With Quote
StanC

Old August 24th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Loaded up the 4.1 edition and noticed the following. The Saves section is out of whack.
They are all scrunched up and not spread out like the last version. I opened up a character that I created with the previous version and they are spread out over the whole column. It almost looks like they are being trimmed instead of being set to a fixed length.

[5] versus [ 5 ]
StanC is offline   #230 Reply With Quote