Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

FallenPaladin

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
Now i've tried your custom sheet and really nice but my fighter's using two weapon and it says "Equipped in Hero Lab (cannot calculate two-weapon values) ". I think if there is a column about two weapon and weapon's attacks and damages stats it would be very very nice. Thank you for this sheet...
FallenPaladin is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 4th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenPaladin View Post
Now i've tried your custom sheet and really nice but my fighter's using two weapon and it says "Equipped in Hero Lab (cannot calculate two-weapon values) ". I think if there is a column about two weapon and weapon's attacks and damages stats it would be very very nice. Thank you for this sheet...
Hi Fallen,

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for though... Just to be clear: That message is trying to communicate that if you un-equip the weapon(s) in Hero Lab, the sheet will then be able to display the two-weapon fighting information.

If you have the weapon(s) marked as 'equipped' in Hero Lab, then the sheet can't calculate the correct values because Hero Lab will already have modified the values.
AncientOne is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
FallenPaladin

Old November 4th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Hi Fallen,

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for though... Just to be clear: That message is trying to communicate that if you un-equip the weapon(s) in Hero Lab, the sheet will then be able to display the two-weapon fighting information.

If you have the weapon(s) marked as 'equipped' in Hero Lab, then the sheet can't calculate the correct values because Hero Lab will already have modified the values.
Hello again;

and sorry my english i just want to say, when a fighter (or ranger etc.) wield two weapon normally gains another attack. For example; my fighter is 10 level and using 2 scimitar. In the main hand +2 Scimitar and in off-hand +1 Scimitar...

+1 Scimitar:
Main hand: +19/+14, 1d6+7
Both hands: +19/+14, 1d6+9
Main w/ offhand: +15/+10, 1d6+7
Main w/ light off.: +17/+12, 1d6+7
Offhand: +15, 1d6+7

+2 Scimitar:
Main hand: +20/+15,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Both hands: +20/+15,1d6+10+1d6 cold
Main w/ offhand: +16/+11,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Main w/ light off.: +18/+13,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Offhand: +16, 1d6+8+1d6 cold

When he attack the foe in one round, with main hand +20/+15 and withf off hand +19 to attack rolls right? (i am not sure)... Anyway, in the character sheet we just see attack stats as seperated (+1 scimitar's and +2 scimitar's) and i want to see all attacks in a section or how will i use these attack order above?

Thank you and again sorry my english.
FallenPaladin is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
FallenPaladin

Old November 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Just like:
Attacks:
Main hand:
+2 scimitar - +20/+15
Off hand:
+1 Scimitar - +19

i hope i could explain my opinion
FallenPaladin is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
DorVLind

Old December 29th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenPaladin View Post
Hello again;

and sorry my english i just want to say, when a fighter (or ranger etc.) wield two weapon normally gains another attack. For example; my fighter is 10 level and using 2 scimitar. In the main hand +2 Scimitar and in off-hand +1 Scimitar...

+1 Scimitar:
Main hand: +19/+14, 1d6+7
Both hands: +19/+14, 1d6+9
Main w/ offhand: +15/+10, 1d6+7
Main w/ light off.: +17/+12, 1d6+7
Offhand: +15, 1d6+7

+2 Scimitar:
Main hand: +20/+15,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Both hands: +20/+15,1d6+10+1d6 cold
Main w/ offhand: +16/+11,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Main w/ light off.: +18/+13,1d6+8+1d6 cold
Offhand: +16, 1d6+8+1d6 cold

When he attack the foe in one round, with main hand +20/+15 and withf off hand +19 to attack rolls right? (i am not sure)... Anyway, in the character sheet we just see attack stats as seperated (+1 scimitar's and +2 scimitar's) and i want to see all attacks in a section or how will i use these attack order above?

Thank you and again sorry my english.
FallenPaladin,

Attacking with two weapons imposes different penalties depending on the situation, so the sheet lists all the possible situations. Here's the full explanation of each of the possible situations from the +2 Scimitar attack block:

Main hand:
You are only attacking with the +2 scimitar this round; you are not attacking with any weapon in your off hand. You have no two-weapon fighting penalties, so your attack bonus is +20 (for your primary attack)/+15 (for your iterative attack)

Both hands:
You are only attacking with the +2 scimitar this round, and you are using both of your hands on the one weapon. You have no two-weapon fighting penalties, so your attack bonus is the same as "Main hand". However, because you are using both hands on a one-handed weapon, you get to add 1.5 times your strength bonus to damage, so your damage is 1d6+10 instead of 1d6+8.

Main w/ offhand:
You are attacking with two weapons this round: you have your +2 scimitar in your main hand, and you have another one-handed weapon (for example, your +1 scimitar) in your off hand. With two one-handed weapons, your two-weapon fighting penalty is -4 on all attacks, so your attack bonus on your main hand weapon is +16 (primary attack)/+11 (iterative attack). You will get one additional attack with your off-hand weapon: that attack information is listed under that weapon, under the "Offhand" line.

Main w/ light off.:
You are attacking with two weapons this round: you have your +2 scimitar in your main hand, and you have a light weapon (for example, a dagger) in your off hand. With a light weapon in your off hand, your two-weapon fighting penalty is only -2 on all attacks, so your attack bonus on your main hand weapon is +18 (primary attack)/+13 (iterative attack). Again, you will get one additional attack with your off-hand weapon: that attack information is listed under that weapon, under the "Offhand" line.

Offhand:
You are attacking with two weapons this round: you have your +2 scimitar in your offhand, and you have another one-handed weapon in your main hand. With two one-handed weapons, your two-weapon fighting penalty is -4 on all attacks, so your attack bonus on your offhand weapon is +16.
NOTE: You only get one attack with your offhand weapon unless you have the Improved Two Weapon Fighting feat.

The same pattern is used on your +1 scimitar. You would look under the "Offhand" line to see what your attack bonus is when you use the +1 scimitar in your offhand, which is +15 because of the two-weapon fighting penalties.

In Hero Lab, you can equip your +2 scimitar in your main hand and your +1 scimitar in your offhand, and Hero Lab calculates the two-weapon fighting penalties. Then, when you do the custom export, you will see the already-calculated values like this:

Weapon (in main hand)
+2 scimitar - +16/+11
Weapon (in off hand)
+1 Scimitar - +15

Under each weapon, you'll also see a note "Equipped in Hero Lab (cannot calculate two-weapon values)". This means that the values were already calculated before the data was exported, and the two-weapon penalties are already included.

If you switch between fighting with two weapons and fighting with one weapon, you might want to leave the weapons unequipped in Hero Lab so the character sheet displays all the possible values. Then, just highlight the "Main w/offhand" line under your +2 scimitar and the "Offhand" line under your +1 scimitar. That way, the other options are available if you need them.

Does that help?
DorVLind is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
Dred

Old January 13th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Gone through about 2 hours of trial and error with a character I've used in the past and had no issues with creating an AncientOne Character sheet from.

Simply not working now. Tried re-making the character from the ground up and came up with the same issue. The only thing I get when I get to my browser is: "Need Help?
For help with this sheet, or to report any issues, please go to http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21943."

See attached for the html file, if that will help resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Dred
Attached Files
File Type: zip Remmy.zip (402.5 KB, 3 views)
Dred is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 19th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Hi Dred,

I've been away for the holidays and just saw your post. I'll take a look at the problem tomorrow. If you can, please let me know what OS and browser version you're using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred View Post
Gone through about 2 hours of trial and error with a character I've used in the past and had no issues with creating an AncientOne Character sheet from.

Simply not working now. Tried re-making the character from the ground up and came up with the same issue. The only thing I get when I get to my browser is: "Need Help?
For help with this sheet, or to report any issues, please go to http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21943."

-Dred
AncientOne is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Ok... Here's the non-technical answer: It looks like a Hero Lab bug is causing bad data to be generated for your "Arcane Metamastery" feat.

The technical answer is: HL generating a tag that looks like this:

<special name="Arcane Metamastery (level adjustment <= 2) (Su)"

The problem is that XML attributes are not permitted to contain '<' characters because that character has special meaning in XML. Hero Lab should be encoding that character on output, but it isn't.

I'll enter a bug report on the Hero Lab bug thread for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred View Post

-Dred
AncientOne is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old February 24th, 2014, 02:58 PM
My cleric has the Good and Liberation domains. In the "Special Ability/Feature Summary", Touch of Good (which is the domain power for the Good Domain) does not appear.

When I export to custom output (I use Ancient One's sheet), and check the box to show Feat/Ability Descriptions, Touch of Good does NOT appear. It used to, but it doesn't any more (I printed my character on January 31 and it was missing from that, but it had printed before.) I installed the latest update to HL and exported the character this morning (2/24) and the problem still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark
mastratton is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old February 24th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hmm... I'll have to do some tests to check it out. If it was working before, but itsn't now, the implication is that the XML that Hero Lab generates for custom output sheets has changed in some way (since the sheet itself hasn't been updated).

I'll check into it and follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
My cleric has the Good and Liberation domains. In the "Special Ability/Feature Summary", Touch of Good (which is the domain power for the Good Domain) does not appear.

When I export to custom output (I use Ancient One's sheet), and check the box to show Feat/Ability Descriptions, Touch of Good does NOT appear. It used to, but it doesn't any more (I printed my character on January 31 and it was missing from that, but it had printed before.) I installed the latest update to HL and exported the character this morning (2/24) and the problem still exists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mark
AncientOne is offline   #200 Reply With Quote