Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old November 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I thought there was going to be a calendar system. Did it get scratched, put on hold or did I misunderstand? When I first heard about the calendar system I pictured something like my calendar on my iPhone or Outlook where I could enter an event and set the event to repeat if desired.

I'm running an Adventure Path that includes werewolves that the party will soon be dealing with and I need to keep track of the phase of the moon. I thought I could enter the different phases and how often it happens and it would show on the calendar. As I mark off a day I would know what event might be coming up that would affect the adventure.

The Timeline View does not work this way. It's more of a journal of what has happened.

Did I misunderstand? Or has it been scratched or put on hold?

Ruhar
ruhar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Hey there! Calendars is a feature that's not currently implemented for Early Access and Kickstarter users. We realized that we needed to work on the feature more before it was released, so it's currently on hold but definitely one of the top "to-do" items. I'm sure Rob can speak more to the details, but that's the short of it. To be clear, what you're looking to do with the calendar feature will be possible, once it's released. I hope this helps!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:36 PM
The calendars mechanism is largely in place. There are a few additional things we need to add still, but all of the truly hard work is done for getting them to work. The big issue with calendars is that the interface for defining them is very crude. We still need to do a complete overhaul of the interface for them, and that's going to take a fair amount of effort.

In order to avoid delaying the release even further, we've omitted the calendars mechanism temporarily. As soon as we're able to get that stuff overhauled, we'll release calendar support. Calendars are one of our top priority items after V1.0 is released, along with the journal mechanism, revealing content to individual players, and a few other items.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old November 17th, 2013, 04:21 AM
I'm not sure if the latest batch of backers can access the Requests sub-forum, but if they can't, I would like to suggest that they be granted it, and if they can, perhaps a sticky or something to prompt searches before new requests are made (obviously, not at the expense of working on the shiny).

It is my understanding that, so far (subject to change in the future, of course) that sub-forum has been used to gauge the level of desire for specific features from the EA users, which was the entire reason I put my Calendar request thread there (even knowing that it was a feature already in development).

Obviously, we know how much of a priority calendars are, thanks to the wonderful feedback the team have been providing, but this post is by way of suggestion to point users there, first.

Slightly rambling and off-topic, but worth saying. Thanks for listening, all!

-Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak.
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote