Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

MarcelGM

Old September 16th, 2021, 05:06 AM
Agreed. I'm hoping to see some campaign theater improvements going forward.
I wish it had a chat feature so I could whisper my players at the table things only their character could detect or perceive so they can share it with the group

I tried Pathbuilder, just don't like it compared to HLO
MarcelGM is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 18th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
Allowing outside folks to add stuff would be nice... but honestly i wouldn't want it in place of any improvement on campaign theater, both for my own sake and for the company. the campaign theater is the only thing that makes this product superior to Pathbuilder.
Yea the biggest issue with campaigns is everyone needs a subscription use it. I have a Patron subscription but none of my players wanted to spring for an Apprentice subscription. Plus we play online, all the stuff is already in the VTT, which has stats, tokens, encounters and maps all integrated already. I am not sure what campaign adds on for me personally. For me it is all about managing the character builds and digital monster stats/ building hence the desire for all the content.

Here is hoping maybe some day there will be third party content allowed.
marroon69 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 28th, 2021, 01:22 AM
Well the Battle Zoo Bestiary just announced Pathbuilder support. With Pathfinder and Starfinder Infinity on the horizon hopefully there will be a bunch of third party content....none of it available on Hero Lab.

Personally I have not used the campaign stuff, all the encounters are built within what every VTT I am using. So that is my reasoning, I am not saying it is bad but I would think for those us using VTTs it is just not as important. But maybe I am missing I will take a look at it more closely...but if it does not integrate with my VTT I am thinking it will be a no go.
marroon69 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old September 28th, 2021, 11:46 PM
I’m more interested in Paizo content over third-party content, and campaign theatre is a must for me at the in-person game I play. My players all have apprentice accounts which makes it easier for them.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 29th, 2021, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
Yea the biggest issue with campaigns is everyone needs a subscription use it. I have a Patron subscription but none of my players wanted to spring for an Apprentice subscription. Plus we play online, all the stuff is already in the VTT, which has stats, tokens, encounters and maps all integrated already. I am not sure what campaign adds on for me personally. For me it is all about managing the character builds and digital monster stats/ building hence the desire for all the content.

Here is hoping maybe some day there will be third party content allowed.
Yea i can understand that. I run in person so it makes a huge difference to have their tablets on the same page as my laptop while physically rolling dice and moving minatures on the map, VTT wouldn't really work as well for that.
Thrawn82 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old September 30th, 2021, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfoot View Post
I’m more interested in Paizo content over third-party content, and campaign theatre is a must for me at the in-person game I play. My players all have apprentice accounts which makes it easier for them.
Keep in mind that this "3rd Party Content" is written and design by Mark Seifter and other Paizo staff. One of the guiding principles of PF2 was to make it easier to modify, and create custom content for. Pathfinder and Starfinder Infinity are being released to increase Paizo's revenue stream as well as get more people invested in creating for the setting and system. Many current and former Paizo writers are considering releasing content through the Infinity program to help augment their personal income as well.

A character generator software sticking to "Official Paizo Only" is swimming against the current.
WatersLethe is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old September 30th, 2021, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
Keep in mind that this "3rd Party Content" is written and design by Mark Seifter and other Paizo staff. One of the guiding principles of PF2 was to make it easier to modify, and create custom content for. Pathfinder and Starfinder Infinity are being released to increase Paizo's revenue stream as well as get more people invested in creating for the setting and system. Many current and former Paizo writers are considering releasing content through the Infinity program to help augment their personal income as well.

A character generator software sticking to "Official Paizo Only" is swimming against the current.
That wasn't what I was suggesting. I don't want Wolf Lair ignoring official Paizo sources while it's adding 3rd party content. I'm happy if 3rd party content is added after the official Paizo content is done. There is already a backlog of Paizo content we are waiting for.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #17 Reply With Quote