Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jerrycnh

Old November 6th, 2013, 06:42 PM
So I'm using the imminent release of Realm Works as an excuse to take my old game world of twelve years, which has been abused and converted through three systems and mangled by tons of history, and kick it out the window in favor of a new world. And I've decided since the Realm Works money is burning a hole in my pocket and I'm eager to start worldbuilding that I can productively use the time by doing some overland mapmaking. Trouble is, not sure which mapmaker I want to use.

Here's what I know:

I like the idea of a map that I can overlay a grid on, make each grid spot a coordinate, and then make child maps zoomed in on each coordinate to describe features. This would allow me to declare each hex (or square) to constitute one day's journey by foot, 1/3rd day's journey by mount, and give me good pacing regarding how far away any point is from any other point in the game. Hexographer seems great for that, but it has a few minor problems that are making me less satisifed, most significant being that I want something with maybe 10% more detail in it's implementation.

What are you guys using or planning on using?
jerrycnh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote