Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 19th, 2014, 04:52 PM
A new release for Realm Works is now available. This release has a number of small enhancements, including the ones listed below. This new version should also fix a number of issues that some of you were encountering. If you still have issues following this new update, please update your support ticket by sending a follow-up email or send us a new bug report. To see the full list of changes and enhancements, please take a look at the Release Notes available within the product.

Small Enhancements
  • The “Quick Create” mechanism is now integrated into many new places where new content can be created. For example, it’s now available when creating topics for map pins, creating relationships, and many more.
  • A new button at the top of the Messages pane of the Launch Dialog that shows the GM and all other players within the realm. For members that have disclosed their email address, clicking the member name will initiate sending an email to that person via whatever email program is configured on your computer.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
Quote:
• when text with smart quotes is entered into the name of a topic/article/plot/etc. (e.g. Via paste), the smart quotes are automatically converted to simple quotes to avoid issues with automatic link detection to the content.
thank you!!!
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 28th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Weird, I just noticed this. I did not get the usual 'You need to update to sync with the Cloud' message on this one and I'm still on 24.
weogarth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Weird, I just noticed this. I did not get the usual 'You need to update to sync with the Cloud' message on this one and I'm still on 24.
You get that notice if we roll out a server change that requires a new version. Otherwise, you would only see a balloon tooltip from the notification icons area of Windows indicating a new version is available once you enter a realm.
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old December 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
You get that notice if we roll out a server change that requires a new version. Otherwise, you would only see a balloon tooltip from the notification icons area of Windows indicating a new version is available once you enter a realm.
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure that I hadn't seen anything in my SysTray area; I'm pretty anal about making those notifications go away.

Anyhow, thanks for the info.
weogarth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
McGray

Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:58 PM
Would it be possible to get the complete patch notes on the homepage or here in the forum?
McGray is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2015, 12:31 AM
From the Launch Dialog within Realm Works, you can click on the Tools tab at the top. Then click on the option to view the release notes. There's nothing complicated about getting the release notes.

Is there a compelling reason to duplicate them elsewhere? It's an extra step we need to deal with for every release, which means we need to spend the time to automate it, and that's time taken away from adding all the features everyone wants, so there needs to be a compelling reason to preempt work on those features.

If there's not a compelling reason, I'm happy to add this to the list of things that users have requested and we can view it as a feature request. If there is a compelling reason, I'm not seeing it, so I need help understanding the value.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:14 AM
No compelling reason that I can think of (calendars are far too important), other than that if, say, there's a release while I'm at work, I like to be able to read patch notes on my breaks, rather than reading them while software is loading (which is the other option) and potentially delaying me actually using the software because I'm busy figuring out what's changed.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
McGray

Old January 25th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Nothing too compelling I guess, more of an IT issues with the company laptop and non-business software on it...
McGray is offline   #9 Reply With Quote