Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old September 18th, 2018, 11:23 AM
How do you adjust the CL in the monster editor for spell like abilities? I've tried to adjust the CL on the Adjust tab and on the Background tab. No joy.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 19th, 2018, 02:57 PM
What do you mean by "monster editor", because there are a couple different things that could be referring to. Are you building a custom monster from scratch using the Bestiary Monster Creation rules? Are you customizing an existing monster race by clicking the "Customize Racial Special Abilities" checkbox? Or are you creating a new race through HL's built in Editor?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old September 19th, 2018, 06:27 PM
I did mention...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWizardInDallas View Post
monster editor

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 20th, 2018, 12:44 AM
Yes, you did mention "in the monster editor", but there isn't a "monster editor" - ie an editor that is just for monsters. Have you actually created a monster, or are you trying to alter something existing. If so, which of the methods that Aaron mentions are you using, or have you done this in some other way. We need to know what method you have used used to give you the appropriate answer.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old September 20th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I am referring to the "Custom Monster Creation > Bestiary Monster Creation" option in the race drop down.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 20th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Directly above the table where you add Spell like abilities based on spells, there is an incrementer for "Uses Spell Like Abilities at Caster Level". It defaults to making the SLA CL = the HD of the monster, but if you want to change that, just use the incrementer to set it to any number you wish.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old September 20th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Apologies for the confusion. Thanks. There doesn't seem to be a way to lower it below HD? I'm doing some conversions from 3.5 and in some cases the CLs are lower than HD.

Love being able to convert prior monsters. This is a great tool.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 20th, 2018, 02:39 PM
In my tests I am not seeing any issue with setting the CL lower than the HD? Is the SLA in question one you added directly to the table, or is it brought along by something else?
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote