Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old March 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Ahh...that explains it. I suppose that does make for a better fix. I may take a look at that tomorrow. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Any chance we as end users can fix this in the Editor or are we stuck with the annoying validation message until it's fixed?

I still get the validation error with familiar's INT defaulting to 10.

Thanks!

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm not clear on what the error is, could you explain or else link to another post if you've already posted about it?
Aaron is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Hey Aaron, thanks for responding....Here is the only info I could find on it, from one of your earlier posts....info not pertinent to my question removed from quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Thanks Kendall, but you should have seen me sweating through the Pathfinder bug thread's 60+ pages. This hardly seems long compared to that. Here are the list of bugs I have fixed for the next release (though I am not sure exactly when that would be, hopefully in the next month or so).

Familiar's Intelligence was defaulting to 10, rather than advancing and changing as the master gains levels. Now the familiar will gain the Int granted by the master, or its own Intelligence if that is higher (in the case of Improved Familiars).

If you don't see your bug reported here it was either already fixed (for example missing the Value 5 and 10 tags), I could not reproduce it, or it is something not for me to do (Power attack does not have an adjustment in d20, so I didn't address the Double Weapon not working thing, though if you have questions on your own adjustment I may be able to help), or it was noted for later fixing.
Thanks for any info!

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM
As a workaround, decrease the INT of a familiar once you select it until it won't go lower and then it will be set properly from then on, even as you level.
Mathias is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the info Mathias, but was more concerned with the annoying validation error because I can't get the Int below 6....Yes, the program still works with the validation error...Just me being anal. =)

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
The INT of the familiar of a 1st level character is 6. Why are you trying to take it lower?
Mathias is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The INT of the familiar of a 1st level character is 6. Why are you trying to take it lower?
I don't want to take it lower...but because the validation error, it is stating that an animal must have an Int of 1 0r 2...thus why I am sick of seeing the validation error LOL

My guess is it most likely has to do with one of the custom add-ons installed like Lawful_G or something...but I'm not sure which one yet...

Last edited by LordValerius; March 10th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
LordValerius is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yes - the core files don't have that. The add-on should also be changing the type that's assigned to familiars - they become magical beasts, and are therefore no longer subject to the INT 1-2 restriction that applied when it was still an animal.
Mathias is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Yes - the core files don't have that. The add-on should also be changing the type that's assigned to familiars - they become magical beasts, and are therefore no longer subject to the INT 1-2 restriction that applied when it was still an animal.
Same thing (error message about INT) happens with my paladin's warhorse.

Speaking of which, the horse got 2 stat increases as I leveled up at the early stages but stopped after that. My paladin is currenlty 18th level. Is there someting in the Monster Manual I've overlooked about magical creatures only getting two increases or is this a glitch specific to a paladin's warhorse?

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #50 Reply With Quote