Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old August 3rd, 2020, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridyne View Post
Just updated and now weirdly the 5e SRD dataset crashes when I select that game system using the 32bit HL under windows 10, if I use the 64bit HL it works fine! Loading any other game system seems to work ok with the 32bit HL.
Thanks. I'm able to open up 5E in the 32-bit version without a problem, so I don't think this is related to the update. Is it possible you accidentally installed the files in your 5E directory? Otherwise, this may just be a coincidence.
Sendric is offline   #981 Reply With Quote
bodrin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,265

Old August 4th, 2020, 04:43 AM
Hi Sendric.

Small issue with the update, not interface breaking, The Age of Worms dataset is source allocated incorrectly to DARK SUN - Campaign Setting Books. It should be sourced to Dungeon Magazine

Untitled.png

I wrote the dataset when I initially ran the Adventure path, circa 2006, however I didn't get round to updating the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms

Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.

Untitled2.png

Dormio Forte Somnio


Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #982 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old August 4th, 2020, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Hi Sendric.

Small issue with the update, not interface breaking, The Age of Worms dataset is source allocated incorrectly to DARK SUN - Campaign Setting Books. It should be sourced to Dungeon Magazine

I wrote the dataset when I initially ran the Adventure path, circa 2006, however I didn't get round to updating the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms
Thanks. Poor assumption on my part. Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.
I've never even looked at this portfolio. Probably should have. Will fix that soon. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #983 Reply With Quote
Denricht
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 1

Old August 4th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Hi Sendric.

2 small issue:

Adept should have Break Enchantment as a level 5 spell
and Arcane spell: Curse of Impending Blades, Mass should be a level 3 for Bard 3, Ranger 3, Sorcerer 3, Wizard 3,not 2
Denricht is offline   #984 Reply With Quote
oridyne
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8

Old August 5th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks. I'm able to open up 5E in the 32-bit version without a problem, so I don't think this is related to the update. Is it possible you accidentally installed the files in your 5E directory? Otherwise, this may just be a coincidence.
re-installing the application and setting the shortcut to open as administrator resolved it. I think in the end it was an unfortunate coincidence rather than a direct problem. Thought it better to report it early in case it was an issue.
oridyne is offline   #985 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old August 8th, 2020, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Hi Sendric.

Also the Dragotha portfolio, another Age of Worms reference, uses the monsters of Faerun data, this requires updating to remove errors.

I presume the ID names have been removed / changed over time.
I've updated the portfolio to remove the errors, but I see there are spells missing. Should they be replaced?
Sendric is offline   #986 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 142

Old September 19th, 2020, 11:33 AM
Sendric,

I have been trying but I just can't figure out how to get the weapon damage for the Fang Dragon to show correctly. I have all of the rest of it set. This is the only thing that I can't seem to get right. I'm going to upload it to the dropbox for you to look at.

Just so you know the Fang Dragon is supposed to get the damage dice of the next larger size category. The largest Fang Dragon is Gargantuan so without an Enlarge Spell the damage dice for a Colossal probably isn't needed. But I'll put what I think that it should be in the list just in case it is needed for an Enlarge Spell.

Bite
Tiny - 1d6
Small - 1d8
Medium - 2d6
Large - 2d8
Huge - 4d6
Gargantuan -4d8
Colossal - 6d6

Claws
Tiny - 1d4
Small - 1d6
Medium - 1d8
Large - 2d6
Huge - 2d8
Gargantuan -4d6
Colossal - 4d8

Wings
Tiny - N/A
Small - N/A
Medium - 1d6
Large - 1d8
Huge - 2d6
Gargantuan - 2d8
Colossal - 4d6

Tail Slap
Tiny - N/A
Small - N/A
Medium - N/A
Large - 2d6
Huge - 2d8
Gargantuan - 4d6
Colossal - 4d6

Crush
Tiny - N/A
Small - N/A
Medium - N/A
Large - N/A
Huge - 4d6
Gargantuan - 4d8
Colossal - 6d6

Tail Sweep
Tiny - N/A
Small - N/A
Medium - N/A
Large - N/A
Huge - N/A
Gargantuan - 2d8
Colossal - 4d6

Once this is figured out it will be ready to be added to Draconomicon.

And I'm now working on creating the Skeletal Dragon template from Draconomicon as well. What is the hero tag for CR? Instead of regular skeletons Skeletal Dragons figure their CR from their base CR and not their HD. Also how do you drop their supernatural and spell-like abilities but retain their exceptional abilities? I'm sure that is a script thing but I just don't know the CR tag and the other is just a bit beyond me.
Bloodwolf is offline   #987 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old September 20th, 2020, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
And I'm now working on creating the Skeletal Dragon template from Draconomicon as well. What is the hero tag for CR? Instead of regular skeletons Skeletal Dragons figure their CR from their base CR and not their HD. Also how do you drop their supernatural and spell-like abilities but retain their exceptional abilities? I'm sure that is a script thing but I just don't know the CR tag and the other is just a bit beyond me.
CR is a field, not a tag. (tCR)

The most recent update included some changes to the Zombie and Skeleton templates in the MM1 file. The scripts there may prove useful to you.

I'll take a look at the Fang Dragon and see what I can sort out.

Edit: Is it just me or are some of the natural weapons showing up when they aren't supposed to? (ie Wings available at size Tiny) -- Fixed.

Edit 2: I've updated the file on Dropbox and added Custom - Core Book Mods. You need the second file only if you want to use the Size Adjustment to get to Colossal.

Last edited by Sendric; September 20th, 2020 at 06:43 AM.
Sendric is offline   #988 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 142

Old September 20th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
CR is a field, not a tag. (tCR)

The most recent update included some changes to the Zombie and Skeleton templates in the MM1 file. The scripts there may prove useful to you.

I'll take a look at the Fang Dragon and see what I can sort out.

Edit: Is it just me or are some of the natural weapons showing up when they aren't supposed to? (ie Wings available at size Tiny) -- Fixed.

Edit 2: I've updated the file on Dropbox and added Custom - Core Book Mods. You need the second file only if you want to use the Size Adjustment to get to Colossal.
Yeah now that I look Wings and Tail Slap show up for Tiny and Small when they shouldn't. I was so focused on the damage that I missed that. My bad.

I just started looking at the Skeletal Dragon so I should be using the most recent update. I'll post what I see and what I need it to change to and see what we have.

And thanks for the update.

Edit: Is it known that the spell-like abilities don't show in the In-Play tab even though it is marked to do so?

Last edited by Bloodwolf; September 20th, 2020 at 09:21 AM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #989 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 142

Old September 20th, 2020, 10:22 AM
Ok. I was working on this message about how I was having problems with the script to figure CR for the Skeletal Dragon template, but I managed to fix it as I was writing the post. I'm actually a bit proud of myself for that.

I do still need to figure out how to remove all the supernatural and spell-like special attacks and qualities but keep the exceptional special attacks and qualities.

And how to add bonus HP equal to its HD. Or that might just be something that has to be added by the user?
Bloodwolf is offline   #990 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.