Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Daemonfey
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 49

Old October 24th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I have a few requests for implementation into Hero Lab, that would - frankly - make my life easier (concerning Hero Lab ). I think non of these can be brought into the program with the editor - if that proves to be wrong, please correct me!

1. Would it be possible to add the metric system as option for sizes and weight for characters? I am from germany, and although I understand the "US customary measurement system" I would like to see my own measures on the character sheet. If that is too complicated, could you make an option for making it just free text, so I could type the height & weight of the character as I please?

2. In the hero settings, you can choose to hide for eg. bronze weapons. That is very fine, but as my setting plays in the bronze age, I would rather hide all other weapons. So could you please implement an additional button that hides the standard weaponry as well? That way, I could also work with only customized weapons without having to hide all other weapons.

3. Logo - on the Hero Lab Character sheet, there is one Logo for "Hero Lab", and one for "Pathfinder". Would it be possible/legal(?) to replace the Pathfinder Logo with a custom picture of - say - my homebrew world? Would it be a great hassle to implement an corresponding option?

4. Money - would it be possible to change the currency names? I would like my heroes not to run around with gold pieces.


I know these things are a lot to ask, but I think these changes could improve the experience of any GM who creates a homebrew world with the pathfinder rules and save a lot of work with the editor.

What do you think?
Daemonfey is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Imper1um
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 40

Old October 24th, 2011, 05:40 AM
1.That makes sense if you would like to have Height and Weight, although I would rather, as you say, have it as a free text field rather than switching between Metric and Imperial (since everything is in Imperial; item weight, speed, etc.).

2. So you want to hide the standard loadout? I don't think they would change it so that you could hide all of one specific type, but they could change it so that you can optionally hide the Standard Player's Guide.

3. You can use the "Custom Output" to make your own character sheet.

4. What else would you run around with? Pathfinder uses gold pieces.

To be honest, it sounds like you are pulling and changing so much in Pathfinder, that its no longer Pathfinder. I suggest that if you are looking to modify everything, you should use the "build your own framework" option. There are a lot of things that are just...a lot of work, and only fit a very very very small niche.
Imper1um is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,726

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
I have a few requests for implementation into Hero Lab, that would - frankly - make my life easier (concerning Hero Lab ). I think non of these can be brought into the program with the editor - if that proves to be wrong, please correct me!

1. Would it be possible to add the metric system as option for sizes and weight for characters? I am from germany, and although I understand the "US customary measurement system" I would like to see my own measures on the character sheet. If that is too complicated, could you make an option for making it just free text, so I could type the height & weight of the character as I please?
I am 99% sure with your own custom character sheet you could change the values over to metric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
2. In the hero settings, you can choose to hide for eg. bronze weapons. That is very fine, but as my setting plays in the bronze age, I would rather hide all other weapons. So could you please implement an additional button that hides the standard weaponry as well? That way, I could also work with only customized weapons without having to hide all other weapons.
Using the editor you can create your own new "Source" and then on the "*Hidden" tab you can enter this Source and the Unique ID for all the weapons you want to hide. Then when your players click that new source all those weapons would not be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
3. Logo - on the Hero Lab Character sheet, there is one Logo for "Hero Lab", and one for "Pathfinder". Would it be possible/legal(?) to replace the Pathfinder Logo with a custom picture of - say - my homebrew world? Would it be a great hassle to implement an corresponding option?
If you create your own Custom Sheet for just your players that sheet can have any logo you wish. Removing them all and then giving them to the community at large would cause some legal issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonfey View Post
4. Money - would it be possible to change the currency names? I would like my heroes not to run around with gold pieces.
The custom sheet when you output the money can easily be changed to call them what ever you like.

There are several really good custom sheets you can use as a base also. You can find them in my sig.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 12,791

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Our license with Paizo requires us to have their logo on the character sheets.

If you're not using the hero image for its normal purpose, have you tried adding the image you want as the character's picture?

All the rest are on the to-do list. Thank you.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.