Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old April 16th, 2020, 04:56 AM
It sounds like you'll get it all in the current version, it's just that anything coded specifically for SWADE with have to have this new tag on it, is all. So all of the old data files, I'm guessing, will work fine in either version that is selected (for the most part, I think) but if any of us want to create SWADE compatible version we'd just need to copy out what we wanted changed and put that tag on them, maybe. Although how do we handle conditional precludes (like an Edge for SWD that gives a bonus to Charisma and I create a replacement for a SWADE version that gives the bonus to Persuasion instead)? Not a big deal, it'll just mean playing around once SWADE is released if any of us want to update our data files to include SWADE changes (might mean a separate SWADE version of the file?)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2020, 11:19 AM
What about the Companions?
dartnet is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 16th, 2020, 12:56 PM
I have done my best to make the current Companion material compatible with SWADE. Pinnacle is still working on the actual conversions of their material, they are working on Sci-Fi and Fantasy first.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #163 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 16th, 2020, 01:09 PM
Kind of anxious for SWADE to make it's appearance in HL so can get going on Savage Rifts, Deadlands: Lost Colony, Deadlands (KS next week) and a couple others.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #164 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 16th, 2020, 10:47 PM
Reposting from the SWADE thread in HLO...

1. Will this be a brand new data file, or will anyone that can access the current build of Savage Worlds be able to get their hands on the SWADE data files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
It's going to be a rules option for the SW game system that overlays the current one. Also has a couple of other associated rules options with it, such as using the previous format of knowledge skills in SWADE and some of the SWADE consolidated skills in the previous editions if you don't want to fully convert. Don't 100% quote me on the additional rules variations, it's been a bit, but rest assured this is definitely coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I'm the one causing the hold-up at this point. I've been told everything is ready within the data files. However, I still need to get stuff into place on the server so that we can officially release it. And I'm spread way too thin across a bunch of very different and very important tasks right now. At this point, I'd say that it's a high probability I'll get it dealt with for release next week, but it's not a sure thing. So keep those fingers crossed...

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #165 Reply With Quote
savagegm

Old May 1st, 2020, 05:22 AM
Is there any update to this?
savagegm is offline   #166 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 6th, 2020, 05:53 PM
From Rob, on the HLO Forums, on May 1st:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I finally managed to get to work on my remaining piece of it this week, but I ran into a complication. I may have gotten it figured out last night, but it needs more testing still to be sure. <fingers crossed>

Sorry for the continued delay...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #167 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 7th, 2020, 07:28 AM
Thanks for posting those over here for those of us with absolutely no reason to hang out on the HLO forum (since HLO doesn't support Savage Worlds, after all)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #168 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 7th, 2020, 08:04 AM
No problem . Getting status updates is actually the only reason I check the HLO forums right now, as I'm a PF1 and SW player and neither is HLO supported.

But I happened to catch that Rob is checking only HLO forums right now, so I'm asking about SWADE over there and getting occasional updates.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #169 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old May 11th, 2020, 06:35 PM
It's in the store now
Cid is offline   #170 Reply With Quote