Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

GunbunnyFuFu

Old March 26th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Hello!
I'm working on some Hero Lab stuff, and wanted to add some opponents in so that I could use them in the Tactical Console. Problem is, I'm not sure how to go about this. They're not full PCs, but instead NPC blocks with basic melee attack, ranged attack, skills, traits, and gear, etc.

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old March 27th, 2017, 04:57 PM
My suggestion (note, I just started looking into this). Build an encounter with "cultist(s)". Once you import it, you can modify the NPC within herolabs.
Mmurphy is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 27th, 2017, 05:23 PM
There's a few ways to do this.

If you are a Realm Works user also its easy. You create the monster / opponent in Realm Works and add a Hero Lab snippet. You edit that snippet in Hero Labs which launches Hero Lab. From there you create the opponent using the Customer Monster Race which basically allows you to create anything. Once its built and done (you can add multiple monsters / opponents if you want) you simply close Hero Lab and Realm Works will notice this and prompt you to save.

That's it, from that point the monster exists in Realm Works. If you want to use that monster in something you just type the name of the monster which will create a link to the content and let you click the 'integrate' button to send the monster into Hero Lab and straight into combat.

Alternatively, if you don't use Realm Works (you really should check it out) then you create a new portfolio using the same method listed above. You then save the portfolio to the location below using a *.stock extension instead of the standard. When you reload Hero Lab the monster will be an option in the encounter builder.

Quote:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote